Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are plenty of good threads about the process for popping these things open:
My Paint Matched headlights progress - Powerstroke Nation

Harley Headlights..... With a Twist - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

I understand the whole putting them in the oven on a low temperature and opening up little by little.

I'm just wondering if using a heat gun instead of the oven would make things any easier?

I'm pretty sure I could trick my wife into leaving long enough so I could use the oven, but I have a real good heat gun and thought that might work a little easier. I'm just worried about focussing the heat in a small area at a time. I wouldn't want to warp or melt anything.

Are there any examples out there of people using heat guns instead?

Thanks in advance.

Derrick

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
maybe it would but not sure.I did the same thing to the wifes 05 f150 and made them harley lights.She mad fun of me the whole time I was doing it with them in the oven.Oven worked great by the way.

·
Registered
238 Posts
A heat gun might be to hot, but i have used a hair dryer to take quite a few sets of headlights apart.. All you have odo is heat the sealer enough to make it soft..

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I guess I'll just stick with what I already know works. No sense in re-inventing the wheel on this one.

Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts