Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does 400-440 miles from completley full to fuel light being on in a 99 250 4x4 auto sound about right? My mods are: (as far as MPG's are concerned)
5" straight pipe
DIY intake

Trucks on 285 mud tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add it's a cc/sb stock gears

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Sounds about right..maybe a lil more. That pretty good since you don't have a chip. I don't exactly baby mine and the most I've goten is 420 to a tank full. And that was all highway with the cruise set at 65.

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
ya thats about right,i get close to 700 km on a tank with the cruise on at 110 km an hour,with a wicked,4" turbo back,dp tuner set on 60 hp tow,tymar intake riding on 35"

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't baby mine either. 400 seems to be the avg. I've gotten 444 before but that was #####footing it

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
wow....and my 06 gets 320 miles to a tank....gotta sell it and pick up an older diesel haha.
What all do you have on it? My 06 see 450ish miles per tank consistantly. Even when it was stock it would get about 380-390

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
need to know how many gallons you put in....

i have seen just shy if not at 700 miles out of a tank, i know when i hit the fuel station i put in 35 or 36 gallons... supposed to be a 38 gallon tank, luckily i had an extra 10 gallons in the tool box.

that was a straight over night drive from ohio to NH, cruse around 55-60, stopped 1 maybe 2 times for a few min, had some used motor oil in with the diesel, straight pipe, DIY tymar, 10K:pointlaugh:, usually averaged 20-22 mpg hand calculated.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need to know how many gallons you put in....

i have seen just shy if not at 700 miles out of a tank, i know when i hit the fuel station i put in 35 or 36 gallons... supposed to be a 38 gallon tank, luckily i had an extra 10 gallons in the tool box.

that was a straight over night drive from ohio to NH, cruse around 55-60, stopped 1 maybe 2 times for a few min, had some used motor oil in with the diesel, straight pipe, DIY tymar, 10K:pointlaugh:, usually averaged 20-22 mpg hand calculated.
I just cant see that

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ya, need to know the gallons used to say if it's decent...
Full to bone dry on both tanks (OBS) I can pull off 625-650, and end up filling with 30-33 gallons.

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
Well for mine it's around 29. That's about all I can shove into her. I got 30 point something once into it , but I think the pump was wrong.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah guys I'm just going off general avg per tank, not looking for exact mpg calculations here. Just want to be sure somethings not wrong with my truck.

It's a 99 so however many gallons it holds, I usually fill 'er to the brim.

Just based on a complete fill up till the general level before the fuel light comes on, several have answered my question and all seems well

·
Registered
531 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts