Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does 400-440 miles from completley full to fuel light being on in a 99 250 4x4 auto sound about right? My mods are: (as far as MPG's are concerned)
5" straight pipe
DIY intake

Trucks on 285 mud tires.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add it's a cc/sb stock gears

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Sounds about right..maybe a lil more. That pretty good since you don't have a chip. I don't exactly baby mine and the most I've goten is 420 to a tank full. And that was all highway with the cruise set at 65.

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
ya thats about right,i get close to 700 km on a tank with the cruise on at 110 km an hour,with a wicked,4" turbo back,dp tuner set on 60 hp tow,tymar intake riding on 35"

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't baby mine either. 400 seems to be the avg. I've gotten 444 before but that was #####footing it

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
need to know how many gallons you put in....

i have seen just shy if not at 700 miles out of a tank, i know when i hit the fuel station i put in 35 or 36 gallons... supposed to be a 38 gallon tank, luckily i had an extra 10 gallons in the tool box.

that was a straight over night drive from ohio to NH, cruse around 55-60, stopped 1 maybe 2 times for a few min, had some used motor oil in with the diesel, straight pipe, DIY tymar, 10K:pointlaugh:, usually averaged 20-22 mpg hand calculated.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
need to know how many gallons you put in....

i have seen just shy if not at 700 miles out of a tank, i know when i hit the fuel station i put in 35 or 36 gallons... supposed to be a 38 gallon tank, luckily i had an extra 10 gallons in the tool box.

that was a straight over night drive from ohio to NH, cruse around 55-60, stopped 1 maybe 2 times for a few min, had some used motor oil in with the diesel, straight pipe, DIY tymar, 10K:pointlaugh:, usually averaged 20-22 mpg hand calculated.
I just cant see that

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Ya, need to know the gallons used to say if it's decent...
Full to bone dry on both tanks (OBS) I can pull off 625-650, and end up filling with 30-33 gallons.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah guys I'm just going off general avg per tank, not looking for exact mpg calculations here. Just want to be sure somethings not wrong with my truck.

It's a 99 so however many gallons it holds, I usually fill 'er to the brim.

Just based on a complete fill up till the general level before the fuel light comes on, several have answered my question and all seems well

·
Registered
531 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts