Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be buying a 7.3 soon and I already have all the parts for stacks. They will be straight mitre cut stack(s). Do I have to worry about it raining or snowing into the stack. Do I have to make a cover for it for when it rains or snows?

·
Registered
91 Posts
anything that will sit over em like a can will work or bucket. but when ur drivin its hot enough it melt b4 it gets in em.

·
Me Likey Ford
173 Posts
Probably don't need to point this out, but make sure that bucket is metal... plastic's gonna melt unless you wait until they're cool...:doh:

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
mine sits outside in the rain/snow, and have had no problems with it. it would really have to monsoon for rain to be a issue. if your concerned about it, you can drill a tiny hole at the base of the stack, at the lowest point. like a 1/8"hole. you will never notice a "exhaust leak sound". i have that hole in my exhaust. i think that rain caps are gay, and who wants to climb in the truck every time its gonna rain, let alone carry buckets if you went on, say vacation, to plan for the rain.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you don't have stainless steel tubing for your exhaust rain would rust it out. If I get stainless tubing would the rain just blow out when I start it?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
i live in washington state where it rains everyday and i have a mitre and i never put anything over it and it rarely gets started m-f. if i leave for more than a week i put an ice cream bucket over it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts