Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about some 20X12 mazzi hulks. I have heard about them pitting. Do all of the pit and mess up. Can you keep them from doing this by keeping them clean. Any other info anyone wants to share would be great.

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
I have run them as well as othetr chromed alluminum whells, the pitting you speek of is actually caused by hot brake embers attaching themselves to your wheels....... have you ever seen where someone has either welded or used a torch to close to glass??? .... same thing, the best thing to keep the whells from (pitting) is to run dust shields on the back of the wheels..... They don't look that good but it saves the wheels. I now just run the cheaper eagle version of the wheel and replace them every other year. The other reason for the issue happening more on these wheels is the flat design of the inside of the wheel, it captures the hot embers.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Also depnding on where you live road salt and deicer play havek on them. Just keep them clean and you'll have no problems

·
Registered
124 Posts
i have em on my truck. they were on there when i bought it and i like them. they havent seen salt yet cuz i bought my truck in arizona and brought it back up to michigan. but otherwise they clean up real nice when they get brake dust on them.

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
WOW , I can't spell worth a darn....!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts