Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nitro Fuel Addict
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... it is HIGHLY possible that I maybe relocating to Northern Virginia in the next month or two and I have a couple questions.

1. How are your emissions laws setup for diesels? How often do you need to go?
2. Is it a state law that I would need mud flaps?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
no emissions, and i dont know about mud flaps.....

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
be prepared for the luxury taxes that you will have to pay..... it sucks.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yep personally property tax every year it sucks. As far as emissions go, you need a catalytic converter to pass inspection that's about it. You won't need mudflaps.

I will warn you though, this state is completely anti-vehicle modding and pretty much anything you do CAN get you pulled over. Not saying it will, but if you catch a cop on a bad day or one who is just a d-bag they can get you. There's a couple things that will pass state inspection but are still illegal. Go figure

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
where will you be living? I was in sterling for many years without a CAT, and passed inspection every year

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
where will you be working? the cost of living in those areas is high... i am about 30 mins from there in wv its way nicer and cheaper....also lower taxes and not soo harsh inspections. If you do move there, let me know and I can tell you which shops in sterling will inspect it without a hassle.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
locate as close to work as possible. Traffic in the area SUCKS. I live in southern Maryland, but do mobile HVAC/R service around the entire Washington metro area.(can tell you lots about traffic!!) Nice area though, plenty of skilled jobs, lots of stuff to do/ places to go.

·
Nitro Fuel Addict
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am coming to town in a week to talk to Amazon.com about an engineering position. I will be there for a few days touring and discussing details and such.

I am open to different areas. I do have friends and family down there, so we have been asking them tons of questions too. I visited Richmond and Washington D.C. a year and half ago and liked it. I hear ya about the traffic. The short time I was there I can agree it was completely nuts.

Wouldnt mind living in the country if I could. I think I would fit in better :D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
look me up when you come to town, I can show both sides.... country and city.... i prefer my 4 acres in the mountains over the city any day

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'll tell people this. Virginia is good if all your doing is working their. It sucks to live their. I have the best of both worlds. I get to live their and not pay most of the gay taxes. Thank you Michigan.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'll tell people this. Virginia is good if all your doing is working their. It sucks to live their. I have the best of both worlds. I get to live their and not pay most of the gay taxes. Thank you Michigan.
I 64 west, hard as you can go...Michigan misses you!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts