Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to go. update my e99 7.3 turbo, idm and injectors to 2000 specs. or do a swamps street package, which is 175/146 injectors, a ts chip, regulated return , and a post pump filter? any help is appreciated

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
whats your plans for the truck?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Exhaust and intake is better than stock. Depnds on how much better you want. Regulated return is always an improvement as well as turbo. If your planning on injectors gonna need a chip also, and depending on what size injectors you may need a better HPOP.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Depending on how much money you Want to spend really depend on how much better than stock your gonna go. If you don't need the extra power for what your doing with it I would get and intake exhaust and Tuner then leave it alone. To me after you upgrade your injectors your gonna keep finding yourself wanting more and when you get to the point of needing a bigger hpop to run your injectors it gets pretty expensive pretty quick.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I'm finding out how expensive it can be. I got a new hpop on it. and I got a couple injectors not hittin right.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
first of all the best update to an e99 is get a new cup holder...hands down my favorite upgrade.

the next best was a pmt pcm since mine was an auto.
followed by the chip.

your airbox probably has broken tabs and needs to be replaced..i recomend s&b afe2, ford ais or a napa 6637 type.

realistically unless your injectors are done i would do a chip intake and exhaust first.
have a look at a d66 turbo from beans. and ask swamp or bean about that comboed with that turbo.

otherwise i would go straight to a h2e or qssb style turbo and mount.
100% waste of cash to get a 1999.5 turbo setup even with a gt38r for an early 99

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
:whs:

kicking my self in the ass for doing the 99.5 swap...i gained nothing more then what I already had..just a lighter wallet...the 99.5 really does not have much up on the E99....now im changing everything again..

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
Not with everything else stock (in my opinion).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts