Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i would like to know where you can get a good turbo for an 2004 6.0L that has a really loud whistle similar to the 2003 6.0L turbo whistle but is still a good driver friendly turbo but can also be used for some light towing all the help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
the new garrett turbo is supposed to be pretty good as well as a bit cheaper than the other vgts on the market. An 03 turbo would be your best bet with stock injectors.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the plans are for injectors the same time as turbo so thats why i was asking
the new garrett turbo
do you know where i can look for it just curious or who handles it

·
Registered
178 Posts

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
What size injectors you wanting to run...thats a big factor
Bingo!

In order to determine what size/style turbo you'll need we gotta know what size injectors you plan on doing. Also with injectors I guess you already know that you'll need some other supporting mods as well like studs, egr delete, fuel system, etc?

·
Word
608 Posts
I thought the 03 and 04 models had the same turbo....both whistles..

·
Registered
435 Posts
03 is the louder whistle turbos. 04 is when they changed turbos.

·
Registered
654 Posts
the plans are for injectors the same time as turbo so thats why i was asking

do you know where i can look for it just curious or who handles it
I have 190cc injectors and I got the new Garett turbo. If u don't plan on going bigger then 190s this would be a good turbo for 500 to 550 rwhp with a good tune and sup. mods. Give powerstroke racer a pm he has very good price on that turbo.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have the new Garrett turbo and running stock sticks and programming so far. Hopefully will have time and funds to do 155s and head studs eventually.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Don't go buy a turbo that "whistles loud". It gets so old, so quick. I get sick of people staring at my truck when I drive my or asking me what that noise is. If the truck is in the high idle warming up, it is uncomfortable (almost hurts) to your ears if you walk by the tailpipe.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I love the sound of my turbo but like said above it draws a lot of attention and i can't let my truck warm up in the morning anymore.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Don't go buy a turbo that "whistles loud". It gets so old, so quick. I get sick of people staring at my truck when I drive my or asking me what that noise is. If the truck is in the high idle warming up, it is uncomfortable (almost hurts) to your ears if you walk by the tailpipe.
X2!!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
I love that sound but I know what u are saying about the attention it gets gets old telling them ist the turbo that's what it's suppose to sound like. But but my friends 7.3 doesn't sound like that. No S###!!!! O well

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I've never noticed much whistle with my '03, and I think the Garrett Powermax I put on might even whistle a little less. I still have the stock exhaust, so I won't be straight piping it any time soon to avoid the loud whistle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts