Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a ClarionNX602 head unit. It has backup camera and DVD. I want to be able to play the DVD and use the backup camera at anytime. I think I can just ground the DVD "parking" wire and hook up a switch to turn the camera on but I'm not sure. Do the trigger wires need ground or 12v?

Could you guys take a look at the installation guide in the link below and see what you think? Click I "agree", it'll open. Scroll down to pages 21&22.

It's confusing because the wire diagram says "fresh" green for the parking wire but on the next page there's a little drawing showing how to hook it up and it says "grass" green. Either way, looks like it just gets grounded to me. The DV wire, I have no idea.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/suppor...NX602_Quick_Start_and_Installation_Manual.pdf'

TIA ~Matt

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
I would call a stereo shop or clarion to get clarification on this. its hard to decipher from looking at the instructions you attached and would hate for you to short out your deck or something else. I know on my Alpine I have a button where I am able to turn on my reverse camera anytime, I use it to double check on my boat and the hitch etc... when I am towing long distances it works awesome. As for the DVD I know there is a bypass and I believer a module that you have to install in order to be able to watch DVDs while driving.

·
Registered
747 Posts
My backup cam needs positive, the head unit auto switches to it when it senses the input

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It actually showed up yesterday and I didn't have time to look at it until my 9am break today at work. Pulled the harness your of the box and it's obvious what wire is the trigger wire for the DVD. Its three times longer than any other green wire. The instructions are Fed'up. They mention two different colors of green for that wire. Typo, I guess.

So I guess I got that figured out and the backup must take 12vdc. Going to call and make sure about that.

Thanks y'all!

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
A Pioneer I have needed 12v from the 'parking brake engaged' circuit to enable dvd usage. It's minimal current, akin to what the remote turn on uses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts