Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new B&W turnover ball today and I had ordered it for my 1996 F350 dually and assumed that the one stand alone leaf on top of the pack that goes up against the rubber dampers was an overload spring. Am I correct or do I not know what I am looking at? The kit is specifically for 1980-97 trucks with overload springs. I am wondering will this kit fit even if I don't have overload springs? Anyone have an idea?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I got my new B&W turnover ball today and I had ordered it for my 1996 F350 dually and assumed that the one stand alone leaf on top of the pack that goes up against the rubber dampers was an overload spring. Am I correct or do I not know what I am looking at? The kit is specifically for 1980-97 trucks with overload springs. I am wondering will this kit fit even if I don't have overload springs? Anyone have an idea?
The B&W kit will fit weather you have overload springs or not.

BUT with the B&W hitch you will have to modify something if you ever want air bags

·
Registered
671 Posts
I know with my B&W g/n i had to cut the side brackets to fit them to the frame. They were to long and hit something along the frame but according to instructions they are made to be cut down if needed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok cool thanks guy, I appreciate it!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I dont get it. I have installed about 15 of those all on fords and never cut anything

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went out and matched it up and I just have to drill a 1/2" on each side. My bracket is shortened so it doesn't interfere with the bump stop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts