Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going t look at an 08 250 sclb lariat tomorow. It has 150k miles. I do not drive a lot but obvoisly question that many miles. Anything that I should look for would be greatly appreciated. Can an oasis report be obtained from the ford dealer that has it? Would it be helpfull? Anyplace where leaks are known to happen? What about suspension wear at that many miles?
Any thing that might cost me a lot is what I'm lookin for.
Thanks!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

·
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
753 Posts
You can get the oasis from the Service Dept. Early job 1 08's had some egr (sticky valves) issues, leaky rads and degas overflow problems. The TSB and updates should be in the Oasis report. Never heard of any suspension issues.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would plan on tuning and deleting as soon as its mine fwiw

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dude,3 years old and 150,000 miles.I hope you're getting a smokin deal.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes it seems to be a good deal, and id rather have one that was tested than not. i got an oasis from the dealer and the only thing it shows is a water pump at 143k under warranty, and a pcm reprogram, i think there is more i didnt get. it runs good and was owned by a local farm, sounds like the steering is worn, tie rod??, front u joint noise in 4x4 and a small amount of oil on the botton of the motor and crossmember. it was dark out but i couldnt find anyhing showing signs of any accidents. didnt seem as powerfull as i thought but its bone stock as i can tell, i would tune and delete it as soon as i got it to hopefully help it last a couple hundred more.

any thoughts???

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TTT

·
Registered
94 Posts
So did you get it?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So did you get it?
No I didn't. I really liked it but the wife really wants a crew cab and I can't really disagree with her. I hate to say it but I really don't need a diesel either. I'm looking at an 08 150 supercrew lariat I found that just makes more sense.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh well.Personally I would not own ANY truck that was used on a farm.I grew up on one and can tell you that farm trucks get used HARD.
You looking at an F150 with Ecoboost?

·
Registered
287 Posts
just gotta tell ya. the new f150s are tits. my dads gotta king ranch with a 5.0 and she gives all. great interior, every option, huge cab, plenty of power, and cool truck. it gets around 20mpg also. if its all highway, 21. maybe 22. on premium fuel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts