Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a rclb that I want to put a dually rear in, i have wheels on the truck already with interco trxus tires I was wondering how you go about sticking my wheels on the outside of a dually rear so I don't have to buy dually wheels?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Uhh. I am not 100% sure what you meant, but I believe you are going to need dually wheels. And a spacer up front.

Unless you are trying to just get the larger rear axle, but not run dually wheels. Then you just put your wheels on the dually rear axle, and then run a spacer up front with your wheels (I think its about 2 inches. But depends what year axles your running.)

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Hey I have a rclb that I want to put a dually rear in, i have wheels on the truck already with interco trxus tires I was wondering how you go about sticking my wheels on the outside of a dually rear so I don't have to buy dually wheels?
Why do you want a dually axle? They are just a 10.25 just like a singe rear wheel truck but wider, not strength advantage. You could run your Single wheels on the dually axle but they will stick out 3" further than normal.

now this is with a PICKUP axle NOT a cab-n-chassis axle

·
Registered
114 Posts
Why do you want a dually axle? They are just a 10.25 just like a singe rear wheel truck but wider, not strength advantage. You could run your Single wheels on the dually axle but they will stick out 3" further than normal.

Mine is a D80. The D80 is 2 inches wider each side than a srw

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The reason I am doin this is because I pull with the truck and I have brand new Mickey Thompson wheels n trxus tires on it and I want to keep them n make it dual rear wheels. Is it better to get spacers instead of putting a dually rear in it?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts

with any factory dually rear axle, they are dana 80. Im sure i dont have to explain all the differences between them and the 10.5/25. They dont make a "dually 10.5" in ford trucks

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
with any factory dually rear axle, they are dana 80. Im sure i dont have to explain all the differences between them and the 10.5/25. They dont make a "dually 10.5" in ford trucks

UM..............., you are informed wrong sir. The OBS have ONLY 10.25 rear axles UNLESS it was a F-superduty, then it got a D80 but those are 10 lug. SUperduty duallys do have a D80 standard though

Back to the OP. What is the D80 out of? Does it have a VSS? And if it is out of a 99+ superduty, it will have the wrong bolt pattern for your wheels

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did not get one yet but I was going to get one out of a obs. My question is do people for pullin put dually rears in or just do spacers?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
if you are making any kind of real power, you want the beefiest rear axle you can fit under your truck that complies with rules. D80 is the easiest

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I did not get one yet but I was going to get one out of a obs. My question is do people for pullin put dually rears in or just do spacers?
If you are only running single wheels, I see no reason to do anything with the rear. We have a couple guys around here that actually run a special offset wheel to tuck the rear tires in as far as possible.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
..I want to run dual tires but use my wheels on the outside if possible.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Good luck on that, dually wheels are made the way they are for a reason. I remember there being a kit that had spacers with lug studs in them to use an extra 2 wheels on the back. I tried to look for them after seeing them about 10 yaers ago, but only found spacers to use dual wheels. I figure they had issues, or didn't sell for them to have vanished with in the last ten years.

You could try to get something machines to do the same trick, bu IMO it would be a very bad idea. I suggest to get a D-80 and dually wheels and be safe.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
..I want to run dual tires but use my wheels on the outside if possible.
Ok. NOW I understand what you are trying to to.
NO GONNA HAPPEN. You would need about a 3" spacer between the inside dually wheel and your regular outside wheel. Maybe more.
The dually axle would give you enough tire to spring clearance, but you still need tire to tire clearance.

Just lay a dually rim on the floor,offset UP.
And lay a single wheel on top of it, you will see the issue

1 - 15 of 15 Posts