Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'be recently installed an MBRP turbo-back exhaust and contemplating a cold air intake upgrade. If I install the cold air intake, do you need to add a "tune" or increase fuel pressure, too?

·
Administrator
32,939 Posts
because it is pretty?

I don't see any input on their filter type other than it is washable and a non oiled version

the biggest mistake you can make is removing the OEM intake and Donaldson filter that can hold over 5lbs of dirt and slap on a pretty intake with some no-name filter and let all that silica in to your motor

i would look at S&B and no limit and remember unless your really needing more flow than the OEM your just wasting money

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
Agree completely. You'd be hard pressed to show any measurable gain from a cool air intake.

Unless you're competing in something, there is no reason to change the filter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just put an s&B on mine and the airflow restriction gauge shows more restriction stay stock waste of money unless you are trying to get cooler air and that's it. Mine had no increase in power or fuel economy only temps run cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I had an S&B that never got past laying out all the parts to install. Definitely too flimsy and not enough filtration. Downside is the filter minder on my stock airbox will almost max itself even with a brand new unobstructed filter so as soon as the smallest amount of dirt collects it's time for another $50. Wish I could let it breathe a little more freely but not exchanging dirty air to make up that increase.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts