1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
dont waist ya money on that unless ya get it dirt cheap. just my .02

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I haven't heard much good about the washable oiled cleaners. Personnaly I think dry is best. All the tests on gas motors showed no increase in perf. Thats why I never run them on my hotrods. Just my $.02

Glen

·
Drink til she's cute
4,873 Posts
Volant is one of the best intakes out there. That fit and finish is real nice too. BUT for the money I'd get an AFE stage 2

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I like the intake design I just don't like the washable filters. It looks like it flows good and looks sanitary.

Glen

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys........what about a DIY anyone have a list to do it? I heard a Napa number 2792 I think.......and the rest??? DOes this work well?? How long does this filter last??

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Only thing I don't like is pulling hot engine compartment air instead of ambient fresh air.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found an AIS system for 188 bucks............that to sounds like a hell of a price. Are they slightly louder than stock?? How much quieter are they than the other air intake systems?

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I cannot tell any difference in sound from stock to the AIS. I would think they are much quieter than the open style.

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
I cannot tell any difference in sound from stock to the AIS. I would think they are much quieter than the open style.
Yes, they are quieter than the open intakes, and FWIW when cruising down the road, my intake temps are the same as the outside air temps with my AFE Stage 2.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
That $188 sounds like a good deal.

·
New Guy
112 Posts
I have this intake with the Dr Performance dodad mod. I've had it on the truck for almost a year, it does need a cleaning. I had the K&N conical open filter before and I found the whistling from my turbo to be annoying, esp when I drive 40 min to work in the AM. With it being a boxed intake it quiets the turbo a very well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tbolt has brought up a point ,regarding engine compartment air vs.ambient air,,what is out there for '02 f250 that would get you ambient air just seems to me that stock set up is pulling too much hot air and the grill seems to block a real good flow sure could use some help

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Someone has done a mod for that. open up the core support in front of the intake tube on the AIS would surely help. I don't know about other lacals but here in the desert underhood temps are EXTREME and 110 degree air entering the intake would be better than 200 degree temp in engine bay. Just my $.02 worth

1 - 14 of 14 Posts