Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Reloading
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting '05 Harley lights and read quite often that non OEM are crap from alot of people. Saying they will let moisture in, bad light pattern, discolor, and melt. But then again there are some who don't have a problem with them. Are these people who except them just have lower standards?! :gethim: Or is the quality hit or miss on these? I was just going to bite the bullet and get ones from powerstrokeshop @ $360 plus the cost of the harness I'll need. But I keep thinking about these from Amazon or Ebay. But all I can think about is if those nockoffs suck I'm in for an extra $140!

What's your experience? Is it worth the risk?

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
ive bought a set of the chromes from headlightsdepot on ebay never had any problems with them, and the new owner of that truck hasnt either, hopefully geting my harley lights from them in the next day or so, but the shipping sucks for me 6 biz days.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
I believe certifit.com has quality lights for a decent price.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just got a set off Craigslist for $100.00 (OEM)

Instead of getting the wire harness for $50. I'm getting some HID from Retro-Solutions with the correct wire and bulbs. (9007 wire with H13 bulbs)

9007-9008 - Powerstroke Nation

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replace the OEM on my 99, with some projector type & they worth c..., HI way up in the tree while low is at the right height. Looking for a conversion E spec(H4). any input?
wrench

·
Reloading
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone else? I want to get a set soon but don't know if I need to hold off on other parts I want if I go OEM.

·
It wasn't me
1,232 Posts

·
Reloading
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone think non OEM's are a waist of money? Would you were to buy them again in hindsight?

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
I've had a few sets of non oem and I like them,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts