Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a set of 1st generation lightning seats tomorrow for my crew cab 97. today, i removed both rows of seats to remove the vinyl floor so i could clean 17 years of dirt off. when i removed my seats, i realized i dont have the "floor pans" everyone is always talking about. i currently have bench seats in the front and back. am i going to have to find a "floor pan" to mount these seats, or will they bolt right in?

i dont have a pic of the seat bottoms, but they bolt directly to the floor, as you see in the pictures.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are the lightning seats 40/20/40 or buckets?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am not completely sure but I believe you will need to do some mods. The 40/20/40 seats are on a belly pan and use the same mounting points as the bench. The captains chairs bolt directly to the floor.

·
Registered
169 Posts
wow, those look great...got me thinking

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got black leather seat covers that cost 150$ on my 40/20/40s that look factory, so I think ill stick with them ;)

I wouldn't really want to sacrifice another seat in my truck either since the extend cab back seat is practically useless.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Those look really nice!

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got black leather seat covers that cost 150$ on my 40/20/40s that look factory, so I think ill stick with them ;)

I wouldn't really want to sacrifice another seat in my truck either since the extend cab back seat is practically useless.
im sure that looks pretty slick! i would just stick with them too. in my case, i couldnt find any 40/20/40 seats around here, and i knew they would be 400-500ish bucks, so i figured might as well snatch these lightning seats up while available. they are a night and day difference in comfort coming from the bench seat.

·
Registered
169 Posts
im sure that looks pretty slick! i would just stick with them too. in my case, i couldnt find any 40/20/40 seats around here, and i knew they would be 400-500ish bucks, so i figured might as well snatch these lightning seats up while available. they are a night and day difference in comfort coming from the bench seat.
I had a bench seat in my truck originally and it definitely was not comfortable, but I got the 40/20/40 from a junk yard for I think 80$. I would do the same as you though for the price difference in your situation.

On a side note you should do lighting front and back!

·
Registered
169 Posts
When I find another set, and when funds allow again, ill find a set of the 40/20/40 lightning seats for the rear
Thats gonna be slick, making me jealous of your crew cab just thinking about it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Lightning seats are sweet. I went to look at a set once, but the guy wanted $750 ! Ouch! PS I think they only made lightning seats in buckets with a consol. I don't think they made 40 20 40 but I might be wrong on that.

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I didn't think they did, but apparently they did for a while. They look even better than what I got. If I could have found a set, I would have bought them. I'd really like a set for the rear though, that way I could still seat 5

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.