Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was rebuilding my fuel bowl today and somehow managed to bend the brass nut on the end of my fuel line that runs to the back. I cut the fuel line in two. Is there a way to splice the fuel lines or do I have to replace the whole thing?i started to try and get the nut off the back but already got my but kicked by trying to screw an egg shaped nut onto a round hole. I figure it's gonna be a pain to take the other end of the fuel line off...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Are you talking high pressure or low? Either way you can make miracles happen with the aforementioned brake line and a flaring tool... If it's low pressure you can make a temporary permanent fix out of soft copper too, but I don't know what line you're talking about... 3/8 sure but that's only the primary.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Auto part Fuel line Automotive fuel system Wheel
Auto part Engine Vehicle Car Fuel line

I'm not really sure how the fuel system works . Would that be the low pressure side? Talked to my mechanic at work and he said he had the tools to make one and I just need to get the parts. I've never had to make my own fuel/brake line. Do you just buy a straight piece of tubing?

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
if its the 2 hard lines that run behind the alt down to the frame they dont give them away..there 125 bucks last i looked... i have a brand new set that id sell cheap if your inrested.....

·
9,453 Posts
Just a couple dollars for the tubing and then you bend and flare it to exactly what you need. From the pic you posted I think it's a 6mm line that you need but I don't remember precisely. You need the line that goes from the fuel bowl to the driver side head, correct? If someone else doesn't chime in with exactly what size it is I can check one laying around and post an update later.

I don't know where you are but I do understand you need it yesterday otherwise I'd gladly offer you a used OEM setup off one of my parts motors if you cover your shipping cost. No offense meant whatsoever but that's a part that I probably have 3 or 4 of and will never need because I don't know how you managed to booger it up..... But we all learn one way or another how not to do things ;)

In all reality as long as your mech isn't a shrew you could or *should* get this fixed actually cheaper than the postage would be for me to send you one. Apparently you'll need the nut you somehow destroyed (was it vise grips or an adjustable wrench that did it?) and a little bit of metal tubing. Any competent mech should have rolls of tubing already, so all you need is a visit to Ford for the hardware.

Keep us posted, and good luck!

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts
i may have one of them..ill need to dig though my box later today..if i do have it you pay shipping you can have it..i also think i may even have new sleeves for both ends....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mr_Andy
Sorry didn't see your post till after my last post. I got the nut caught between the fuel bowl and oil res. I moved the line out of the way and while I was fighting to tighten the bolt on pass side"because for some odd reason they decided to put a plug in the way of it" the line fell back between the two. And the rest is history... Design Font Table Metal Drawing
Skin Eyebrow Eye Hand Finger
How much would shipping be? I will call my mech and talk to him about it. I will PM you later this afternoon because I might just buy one from you.
I'm in Arkansas.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is why such a sucky site with b1tch mods and n00bs with no knowledge is a great place. One man's junk truly is another's treasure!

Ok... Not sure why you wanted to say that but ok. I went to parts store today to try and make my own. No one had the right size or type. So I guess I'm back trying to find one. I will go to Napa tomorrow. If you have one Mr_Andy and would like to sell it I would be happy to buy it. Thanks

·
9,453 Posts
I explained my comment to ya in PM but for everyone else's benefit I included myself in the n00b, a$$hole, clique participating, mod-sucking crowd that one or more haters has blasted those on this site as being. We're without knowledge and stuck up. Makes perfect sense that either Ron or I are gonna be supplying a total stranger with not only the part he needs free of charge but if I can manage it some pix of the removal process to help him avoid the situation again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: ok went by Arkansas Fuel injection and the man gave me two brass nuts along with sleeves and sent me over to a radiator shop. Those guys gave me the steel line I needed. Now all I have to do is bend/flare it. Any pointers on this? I've watched a YouTube on it. Seems simple enough but my mech said it isn't easy. What y'all think?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts