Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I got it all figured out, my only question is... I have 4 gallons of coolant and about 15gallons of distiller water. When I'm done with the complete flushing.. Can I just take extra milk jugs and mix the water and coolant, id imagine it would be a big deal but if I do this how many gallons of the 50/50 will I put back into the truck? And last question. Do I do all the filling up in the degas bottle? Thanks and sorry if it's a dumb question

·
Registered
652 Posts
I think I got it all figured out, my only question is... I have 4 gallons of coolant and about 15gallons of distiller water. When I'm done with the complete flushing.. Can I just take extra milk jugs and mix the water and coolant, id imagine it would be a big deal but if I do this how many gallons of the 50/50 will I put back into the truck? And last question. Do I do all the filling up in the degas bottle? Thanks and sorry if it's a dumb question
!5 gallons in my book will not do it as you know cost .62 cents a gallon i used 45 gallons, the system holds 7 gallons if you pull the plug on the drivers side block drain and drop the distilled water in the Rad you will still have 3 1/2 gallon LEFT in the motor and system (holds 7 gallons) that is why you replace it with 3 1/2 gallons of ELC to get the 50/50 mix. Now when you go back with the ELC and ready to replace the t/stat use a long neck funnel and dump it in the hole when almost to the top replace t/stat finish filling through the degasing tank to the add mark this help keep the air out of the system.
2 stroker

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im planning on flushing with hose water first, then distilled water. This video recommends it
With good reasoning.. In my opinion

·
07 fx4 superduty..6.0
179 Posts
i ran everything out of the radiator drain and added distilled water and zerex flush.i ran that in the truck for about 4 days (500 miles) then drained it and added distilled water.ran that for about a day.drained that and then cranked the engine and flushed with DI water for about 20 mins. drained and added zerex conditioner and 3 gals of zerex extended life 250,000 mile diesel antifreeze.i did not use diluted.installed my sinister filter and changed my filter for the first time today.approx 1000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts