Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some 30/14.0-16LT cheater slicks that require a 16x10 rim.

I found 2 steel wheels that are 16x10 that could work. They offer a 4in or 5in backspacing.

With the sectional width of 14in on the tire, I assume I need a 4in backspacing to help push out the tire to keep from hitting the rear springs?

Or am I way off track?

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention:

Truck has 3in drop in the rear, air bags, and caltracs.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Yes you are correct Dirk ! Do you need help figuring your backspacing.

This car is sitting on a 29x11.5 it took some fanaggleing to make it all come together.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I think the stock 99-04 SD wheels are 4.5 to 5in of backspacing. So 4in, would push the wheel outward.

I think the stock 265 tire has about 10-11in of sectional width, so if go with a 4in backspacing, that will give me just enough fudge room with the 30/14 tire.

The 30/14 is rated at 14 sectional width, tread is around 12.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Answer your phone Gotta go back to the job.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm at work, dildo.

I'll take pics and measure tonight..and post them up.

With no brakes.. the 265's roast. The caltracs help a LOT, there is no wheel hop. After the 265's are heated up on asphalt, and launching again over the old rubber, she hooks up rather well. Then 2nd gear comes and the truck goes sideways.

:doh:

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Anyway have a good one faggle.

LOL at spinning 265s !! Hell cat rebals IDI can do that.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anyway have a good one faggle.

LOL at spinning 265s !! Hell cat rebals IDI can do that.
Not like mine. I even tossed on a set of 305/50r20's proxes', same issue. I took them right back off.

I'll call you later tonight.

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
I found some 30/14.0-16LT cheater slicks that require a 16x10 rim.

I found 2 steel wheels that are 16x10 that could work. They offer a 4in or 5in backspacing.

With the sectional width of 14in on the tire, I assume I need a 4in backspacing to help push out the tire to keep from hitting the rear springs?

Or am I way off track?
I am running a 4.5 " backspace 16x10 wheel with the same size slick. I have zero issues. ...... theres plenty of clearance between the tire and leaf spring.

If you want a cheap and light 16x10 wheel....check out rebel racing wheels. I actually bought another set of the sahara black.

Buy Wheels Today: Search By Manufacturer

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am running a 4.5 " backspace 16x10 wheel with the same size slick. I have zero issues. ...... theres plenty of clearance between the tire and leaf spring.

If you want a cheap and light 16x10 wheel....check out rebel racing wheels. I actually bought another set of the sahara black.

Buy Wheels Today: Search By Manufacturer
You are awesome. I think that a 4.5 would work, but I may go with the 4 just in case..

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Need to measure off the face of the rotor there is a way to build a simple little fixture and get all the measurements and get the right wheel. I had to wait a month to get my wheels built because I ####ed the measurements off the first time. I had to have a 10" wheel with 8"s of backspace. Just saying check all your clearences it easy with the fixture and you can roll it around in the wheel well and make certain its what you want, nothing worse than ending up with a spacer because you have issues.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Need to measure off the face of the rotor there is a way to build a simple little fixture and get all the measurements and get the right wheel. I had to wait a month to get my wheels built because I ####ed the measurements off the first time. I had to have a 10" wheel with 8"s of backspace. Just saying check all your clearences it easy with the fixture and you can roll it around in the wheel well and make certain its what you want, nothing worse than ending up with a spacer because you have issues.
Right, but with 8in of backspacing... you were trying to keep the wheel inside the fender? I need less backspacing to push the wheel\tire outward. I don't care if they stick out going down the track.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Right, but with 8in of backspacing... you were trying to keep the wheel inside the fender? I need less backspacing to push the wheeltire outward. I don't care if they stick out going down the track.
Yep, Just hate to see folks have issue man just tryen to help :doh: ! Watch your section width , you can play with that alittle going wider or narrower on your wheel. Anyway Get R dun man.

·
Hater Club
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, Just hate to see folks have issue man just tryen to help :doh: ! Watch your section width , you can play with that alittle going wider or narrower on your wheel. Anyway Get R dun man.
I understand. With a 4in backspacing and the 30\14\16 setup, the tire will stick out about 3.5-4in outside the bed.

I'm ok with that for now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts