Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Southern Maryland have a scanner I can use to run a buzz test on my '03 7.3?

Thanks,
Mike

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Youre best bets in MD for a quality shop are Maryland Diesel Performance near Bmore i believe, and Marty's up in Elkton. Both are great shops and a bunch of good guys to deal with (also venders on here)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the liberty of ordering an autoenginuity total ford bundle...should be here in a day or so. Elkton is a 3 hour ride one way and Maryland diesel perf doesn't work on 7.3s. BTW...how do you like that 6 1/2 Procomp lift?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Actually MSTR-P, MDP will and does work on 7.3's...unless they've quit recently, Eric was going to do some live tuning for me when I get home from deployment.

Chad

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Took the liberty of ordering an autoenginuity total ford bundle...should be here in a day or so. Elkton is a 3 hour ride one way and Maryland diesel perf doesn't work on 7.3s. BTW...how do you like that 6 1/2 Procomp lift?
Its not too bad, the springs are kinda stiff for my liking and my front has started sagging a bit, but for the price you cant really complain. When finances agree Im going to throw a all spring BDS 8" on, their springs are supposed to be a lot better and will last longer.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you're looking for a great riding long lasting spring call Icon...they have a warranty if their springs EVER sag they'll replace them free.

Chad

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually MSTR-P, MDP will and does work on 7.3's...unless they've quit recently, Eric was going to do some live tuning for me when I get home from deployment.

Chad
Hmmm...that is something I will have to check in on. I had the understanding they were 6.0 and newer guys. Keep your head down out there and thanks for your service!

MSTR-P (Master Seargent, retired)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not too bad, the springs are kinda stiff for my liking and my front has started sagging a bit, but for the price you cant really complain. When finances agree Im going to throw a all spring BDS 8" on, their springs are supposed to be a lot better and will last longer.
Yeah...the price is what intrigued me. I am building up an '03 7.3l and am not sure I want to spend too much. I don't drive it very often...probably 3-4k miles a year or so. How long have you had the lift installed?

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Had the lift on for about 4.5 years...its my daily driver so it gets used plenty (10ish K a year) but like what has been said Icon is where its at if money aint an issue

SSG 8 years deep

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Just remember one thing when building....to an extent....you get what you pay for...I happened to fall intoy 8" Icon springs from another member here and paid $300.00 for both front springs to replace my superlifts..the day I swapped them was a night/day difference :) I love my icons lol. BDS also has a great "you break it we'll replace it" warranty. I've heard they ride kind of stiff though...procomp rides pretty good if you upgrade from the white body shocks ( as with any lift kit ) I personally prefer Bilsteins, Kings or F.O.A ( same quality as king for half the price )....just a few tips for you to remember ;-)

Thanks for the good wishes

USAF (S)Sgt 7 years strong.

Chad

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had the lift on for about 4.5 years...its my daily driver so it gets used plenty (10ish K a year) but like what has been said Icon is where its at if money aint an issue

SSG 8 years deep
Just remember one thing when building....to an extent....you get what you pay for...I happened to fall intoy 8" Icon springs from another member here and paid $300.00 for both front springs to replace my superlifts..the day I swapped them was a night/day difference :) I love my icons lol. BDS also has a great "you break it we'll replace it" warranty. I've heard they ride kind of stiff though...procomp rides pretty good if you upgrade from the white body shocks ( as with any lift kit ) I personally prefer Bilsteins, Kings or F.O.A ( same quality as king for half the price )....just a few tips for you to remember ;-)

Thanks for the good wishes

USAF (S)Sgt 7 years strong.

Chad
Appreciate the input/feedback gents and thank you for the sacrifice you have both made to serve this great country! Once I get this IDM issue resolved I will be focusing on the lift, wheels, and tires.

Mike

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Lok into ordering a beans 140V IDM it's got a little bit of performance for uoh r truck ;-)

Chad

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lok into ordering a beans 140V IDM it's got a little bit of performance for uoh r truck ;-)

Chad
I haven't check out the beans; however, have looked into the Swamps. Hopefully I can get out of this without buying a new one, but if I do, I will check it out.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If your IDM's bad you'll have to buy a new one...but I've seen a lot of people parting out 99-04 trucks in the area lately. Check with airfish...he normally keeps them in stock but is hard to get ahold of from time to time and you can pick it up, he's in maryland also.....but you're better off going with Beans or Swamps.

Chad

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Appreciate the input/feedback gents and thank you for the sacrifice you have both made to serve this great country! Once I get this IDM issue resolved I will be focusing on the lift, wheels, and tires.

Mike
Thanks man, but 7 or 8 years doesn't match up to your 20+...Im sure you've sacrificed more in your time than either of us have. But its all one family and that's the best thing about it. Doesn't matter how long or what branch (although you may get chit for it CHAIR FORCE)...same blood same mud!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Lol that's alright buddy....my IQ was too high to join the army so I had to take it ;-)....but hey we do like how Ll your manuals are done with creative little colors and pop up pictures...keeps learning enterntaining for us...yes most definitely a big family...Im sitting in Jersey for training right now and can totally attest to that lol...we have great friends here.

Chad

And thank YOU for your service

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your IDM's bad you'll have to buy a new one...but I've seen a lot of people parting out 99-04 trucks in the area lately. Check with airfish...he normally keeps them in stock but is hard to get ahold of from time to time and you can pick it up, he's in maryland also.....but you're better off going with Beans or Swamps.

Chad
Appreciate the heads up on Airfish. Still waiting for the AE to arrive so I can pull the codes from the IDM. Will update once I get it figured out.

Mike

·
Elitist
7 Posts
There's Hollyrock Performance in hollywood, md also. Diesel performance shop

1 - 20 of 20 Posts