Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the 6.4 a cab off truck (for headstuds turbo mods ect )? I work in construction and some of the guys were arguing about how you have to lift the cab to do any type of work on the 6.4 powerstroke. Is there any truth to this?

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Is the 6.4 a cab off truck (for headstuds turbo mods ect )? I work in construction and some of the guys were arguing about how you have to lift the cab to do any type of work on the 6.4 powerstroke. Is there any truth to this?
It all really depends on what you wanna do, and what you have for a facility to do it.
Head studs can be done cab on, its a PITA but it can be done, turbos can be removed, HPFP can be done cab on, another PITA job to do, but its do-able, removing the heads is pretty much cab off, injectors can be done cab on (thats how my dealer does them)

BUT... most jobs are just easier to to cab off, if you have the access to a lift to do it, the 4 hours to remove the cab is well spent, because evertyhing is easier to get to, ect, and there are less chances to make mistakes since everything is out in the open, to each is his own, i took my turbo's out cab on, sucked, but i was able to do it in a garage with mininal tooling.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
:whs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts