Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO the other day I got 2 tuners trading a ps3 and tool cart. The first is a 1805 superchip, the second is the edge juice attitude with monitior and EGT unit. I put the superchip in with the gas saving mode to just check it out. Now it's been 3 days fighting with superchips getting it fixed cause it vin locked to the old truck and locked my stock info in it had to clear it and am now getting it redone with a new stock tune so I can use it or take it out. So My question is what is everyones pros and cons on each one? and which one I should run? Thanks.:psn::ford:

·
matt
911 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I plan on only running the fuel saving tune 90% of the time with the occasional tow or performance?

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Yes. Believe or not, most of the SCT custom "race" tunes will get the same or better fuel economy than a fuel saving tune. If you can keep your foot out of the skinny pedal. More important, the SCT also tunes your transmission, something you don't get from either of the programmers you currently have. As an aside, the Edge programmers have been blamed for a lot of transmission failures.

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I really loved my Edge but they are reportedly bad on the transmissions as it doesn't

change any of the programing for it to compensate for the extra power

·
matt
911 Posts
Just put one on there then put the other on there and see which one you like the best. You know sence you have them in hand you can't resist trying them out. BUT if you want your truck and the tranny to run good and have good fuel mileage sale both of them and buy a sct with CUSTOM tunes on it.

·
I Love Work'N On Hot Rods
1,549 Posts
:whs: take it from someone who has ran both custom and canned SCT tunes as well as PPE tunes and SCT custom tunes ROCK!!!!!! Just sayin.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya I am running the edge I like it and that it has a display and I can change it on the fly. I will look into the sct though I'd rather my trans and truck to last for as long as they can. Any other things I should do to help that, Thanks for the info.

·
matt
911 Posts
a coolant filter would be good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts