Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a black SCSB in there built by Elite Diesel. I dont have the Mag in front of me, but I have a couple Questions...

1. What would be the benefit of running 350cc split shot B-codes (what there running) over some single shots? I thought tuners would much rather tune single shots than splits.

2. It says that the guy is running Custom Tunes via SCT programmer, stacked with a T.S. style flip chip. I thought the T.S. would always override any programmer that was loaded.

Im not bashing the truck, Its a very nice ride. Just confused....

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
There is a black SCSB in there built by Elite Diesel. I dont have the Mag in front of me, but I have a couple Questions...

1. What would be the benefit of running 350cc split shot B-codes (what there running) over some single shots? I thought tuners would much rather tune single shots than splits.

2. It says that the guy is running Custom Tunes via SCT programmer, stacked with a T.S. style flip chip. I thought the T.S. would always override any programmer that was loaded.

Im not bashing the truck, Its a very nice ride. Just confused....
The truck is nice... But after I read the split shot B codes and the "stacked" sh!t, I just laughed it off. Maybe someone knows more about it...

·
dinnerbooter treasurer
3,567 Posts
My guess is the mag messed up. I have heard about it being done before. I don't know the truck nor have seen the article so I can't comment on that.

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
I'd venture to say the author doesn't know what they're talking about

-Michael

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
haven't seen the article, but the only advantage i could think of with a 350cc split shot B code would be injection pressures and atomization. it would take huge amounts of oil to run them though. would be interesting to know what kind of power could be made that way though if you could provide the oil for them.

the TS & SCT stack doesn't sound like a great deal. i would bet that the magazine messed up there as well. anyone who knows a 7.3 obviously knows not to stack anything. hahaha

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haven't seen the article, but the only advantage i could think of with a 350cc split shot B code would be injection pressures and atomization. it would take huge amounts of oil to run them though. would be interesting to know what kind of power could be made that way though if you could provide the oil for them.

the TS & SCT stack doesn't sound like a great deal. i would bet that the magazine messed up there as well. anyone who knows a 7.3 obviously knows not to stack anything. hahaha
The Guy is running BTS Oil IIRC.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
You'd be surprised I hear it all the time about how bad ass someone chit runs with 2 chips.

yeah i got a buddy that apparently has 2 chips stacked on a 2000, but it still runs like chit. haha.

Farm Boy, i have no experience with BTS anything, but i'm sure their oil setups are probably pretty good so if that guy does have 350cc split shot B codes i wonder if he can keep them fed with oil?? we need to find this guy on the web. haha

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
yeah i got a buddy that apparently has 2 chips stacked on a 2000, but it still runs like chit. haha.

Farm Boy, i have no experience with BTS anything, but i'm sure their oil setups are probably pretty good so if that guy does have 350cc split shot B codes i wonder if he can keep them fed with oil?? we need to find this guy on the web. haha
It's not JUST about oil with a split shot B-code... I don't think so at least.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
It's not JUST about oil with a split shot B-code... I don't think so at least.
i understand that. its also about their ability to refill and empty at higher rpms with the lower pulsewidth. i don't completely understand the whole hybrid vs B code deal, but i do understand that the hybrids are more capable of refilling and emptying or at least they are supposed to be. heck that argument will never be settled will it? hahaha

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Hybrid vs B code is one thing :poke:, but Split B code = ghey :pointlaugh:

-Michael

·
I make smut cry
3,533 Posts
That truck belongs to Garrett at Elite. He goes by Giddy-up-go on the boards. He's a good dude

Lets try and remember that the mags have screwed up technical info numerous times in the past. I'd give Garrett the benefit of the doubt.....

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
nothing is stacked except the pumps. BI's were used because thats what tadd had on hand to spare the expense of garrett having to buy a built set of injectors. the truck ran 13.0 @ 105 at truckfest on fuel, so it must make somewhere over 600 to do that at 6000 ft. i asked tadd the same question about the BI's ....

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
nothing is stacked except the pumps. BI's were used because thats what tadd had on hand to spare the expense of garrett having to buy a built set of injectors. the truck ran 13.0 @ 105 at truckfest on fuel, so it must make somewhere over 600 to do that at 6000 ft. i asked tadd the same question about the BI's ....
Sweet 13.0 at a buck oh five. Hell yeah Id like that.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
I saw that name in the article and knew it sounded very familiar. Congrats to him. Those numbers don't lie. Never knew the BI's had that kinda capability.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks. That answers all my questions. And those are some impressive numbers!

Why don't the magazine guys send a copy of the articles to the truck owner for a proof read before publication? Oh well. Not my problem. Thanks for the reply's.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts