Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I put smaller wheels and tires on my truck. I got to looking at the rear leaf springs. I THOUGHT it was just the rear leaf spring pack with a 5" lift block. Heres what I'm seeing. I have a 5" block, then my factory block, then a single leaf spring, then a leaf spring "pack" (3 leaf springs inside clamps), then what looks like a 1-2 inch block, then another single spring. What am I looking at here? Is the factory just the 3 springs inside the clamps??? Are the other 2 single springs and that little block in between the springs just for more lift??? It's on a 99 F-350. Thanks for the help.

·
<---- my shop
1,297 Posts
pics would help explain what your lookin at.

but i believe that what you are lookin at is from the top

your helper spring(when haulin heavy loads in bed)
your actual spring pack
the bottom spring i cant remember the name of it now but it is there for the leaf springs to flex against when you load the truck down. Kinda distributes the weight better.

the little block is just a spacer that they put in between the leaf pack and the helper spring(overload spring)

it is all factory that way. Your lift comes from the 5 inch block that is added to the factory block.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Anything for lift would be under the leaf springs with stock leafs. I beleive what your looking at is the overload spring which is spaced up from the spring pack with a little "block"

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
the block and spring on top is the overload spring im sure of it.... as for the rest of it, there is a flat single short spring on the stock packs and then some grouped together... my guess is you have stock springs and the 5'' block with your factory block as well...

·
Tonka Truck
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys thanks so much for the responses. What all of you described is exactly what I have. Now my next question...... I'm getting ready to pull the 5" lift block out and put factory springs back up front and go back to stock height. I already have some F250 blocks that I'm going to replace my F350 blocks to help level it out. I know that it will still be slightly unlevel even after that. Is it possible, safe, etc.... to remove any of the factory rear leaf springs to help finish off the leveling? Any of those "extra" springs we were discussing earlier or is that just waayyyy off? Thanks again for the help.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
You could set the leafs on the axle without a block and see if you like it. Other than that, I'd leave the leaf spring pack alone.

·
Registered
312 Posts
The wheels look great on the truck thanks I will try to get a picture up soon by the way I like interior in your truck the crocidile seat look good it will look good when you get it finish

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you're wanting to pull any springs from the pack then start with the center leaf first and see how it looks. I wouldn't suggest pulling the shortest, nor the longest spring in the pack is why I say start with the middle. I also wouldn't suggest pulling them if you tow heavy loads with your truck. The less springs in the pack the easier you're going to get wheel hop as well. Or you can always leave the pack alone and order a smaller block than the 250 block.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts