Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a e99 and i hate my door panels! i need some with door pockets so i can have a place to put my crap! i have the door panels that are plain, nothing to them except the manual crank to roll the window up or down.

Could i switch door panels? is there any that would fit my truck..have pockets...and have a place for the window crank?

any help would be great.
thanks

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Could you not just put some XLT panels on there and drill a hole out for the door handle?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Could you not just put some XLT panels on there and drill a hole out for the door handle?
The only problem with putting the door hanlles out of and xlt is he currently dont have electric windows and lock so he would have the switches there without any purpose.
One thing you can do is get you some door panels out of and xlt or other that has the puckets. If you look down into the pockets theres a few cylinder looking like things "dont know what you call them soory" you can cut those with a set of side cutters i believe theres like six of them down through there. once they are cut the door pockets come off.. Napa sells a 2 in 1 plastic bond and if im correct on the xl door panels theres the outline for the bootom pocket and you cam just bond the new pockets on. of course this would only give the bottom pocket but it beats the heck out of trying to convert to electric. hope this hopes a little.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I have a e99 and i hate my door panels! i need some with door pockets so i can have a place to put my crap! i have the door panels that are plain, nothing to them except the manual crank to roll the window up or down.

Could i switch door panels? is there any that would fit my truck..have pockets...and have a place for the window crank?

any help would be great.
thanks
You would think those two boys that live up around you would help you out on this.:poke::hehe:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha yeah, i just need to find some panels and try to rig something up! and sam, i dont think ive told matt and matt about what im tryin to do! im scared they will mess it up for me haha

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I haven't seen an XL door in a while but I would imagine they are built pretty much the same as the XLT other than the window crank which should just be a hole in the door card.

If your's pulls apart the same and you get ahold of some doors then just simple swap out the window and door lock switch panel for your blank XL panel and you won't have the useless switches in your door.

Just gotta pull up on the panel starting at the front

Then remove the one screw hiding behind it

Next is one screw hiding behind the reflector

I would think you would just have another step to pull the window crank out. It most likely either has a snap on cover that hides a screw, or has a clip behind it holding it to the shaft.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! thats what i'm hoping i can do. just take the whole electric panel out and replace it with my plain flat panel and then drill a hole for the crank

·
Registered
700 Posts
I haven't seen an XL door in a while but I would imagine they are built pretty much the same as the XLT other than the window crank which should just be a hole in the door card.

If your's pulls apart the same and you get ahold of some doors then just simple swap out the window and door lock switch panel for your blank XL panel and you won't have the useless switches in your door.

Just gotta pull up on the panel starting at the front

Then remove the one screw hiding behind it

Next is one screw hiding behind the reflector

I would think you would just have another step to pull the window crank out. It most likely either has a snap on cover that hides a screw, or has a clip behind it holding it to the shaft.
Lol i totally forgot that the xl still having blank panel where the window and door lock switches go sorry for the bad info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts