Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my truck is a 03 f350 with the original engine, but the date on the valve cover says 2002. does that mean it might have billet rods? thanks :postwhore2:

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
No. Im pretty sure that anything 2002 is PMR.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
haha. There is a thread somewhere on here about it. 1999, 2000, and some of 2001 had forged rods and that was it. Sorry about that.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Well, just do like I am doing, find you a good Forged rod motor and swap her in. Its easy to put injectors in with it on a stand. lol There is one on here right now for $350.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont have the money right now but ill either do that or find some forged rods, rosewoods injector kit, and a 38r, and some other things

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
You never know. You could always pull the inspection plug and check. You might get lucky and find out you have forged.

I have heard of people having forged rods in 02 and 03 trucks. I'd give you a 0.05% chance though.

·
3,090 Posts
did you look at the pics in the link? The first pic clearly shows an oil filter and two plugs. the bottom one is the inspection plug.:poke::D

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
You do NOT have forged rods unless you have a reman engine in the truck, that originally used forged rods.

I'm dealing with a 2003 reman right now, that has forged rods from a 1999 truck.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for taking my 0.05% of hope away marty lol. if i take that plug out oils no going to run out is it?

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
No, no oil will. Bar the motor over with the 24mm crank nut to bring the rod end up to the hole so you can see it.

·
3,090 Posts
You do NOT have forged rods unless you have a reman engine in the truck, that originally used forged rods.

I'm dealing with a 2003 reman right now, that has forged rods from a 1999 truck.

Im not trying to start anything nor am I saying your wrong in any way, but I have heard of very very very few guys on here that have found forged rods in there stock 02 or 03 PSD's. And for the time it takes to look, you never know what you could find, but 99.999% chance it's going to be pmr's. Forget about the 0.05% i said earlier.:pointlaugh:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts