Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local guy has an SCT Excallibrator 2 for sale and I was thinking about picking it up. He told me that the unit has been locked and needs to be unlocked somehow. Problem is, he is under the impression that the custom tunes, which he says are very good, and all of the standard tunes will be erased. Is there a way to unlock it without erasing all of the existing info/tunes on the machine. If not, then I will need to look elsewhere.

Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can't just plug the tuner into your truck and use his tunes. The tunes are customized to each truck which may be what he is saying by "locked". If you plug his tuner in it won't recognize your engine computer's configuration. You will need to clear the tuner. Plug it in to get your engine's strategy and send it to Innovative Diesel or Elite or whoever and get them to make and send tunes to you for your truck which you will have to load into the tuner and then into your truck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would call SCT customer service @ 866 617 6493 and ask them.
You can't just plug the tuner into your truck and use his tunes. The tunes are customized to each truck which may be what he is saying by "locked". If you plug his tuner in it won't recognize your engine computer's configuration. You will need to clear the tuner. Plug it in to get your engine's strategy and send it to Innovative Diesel or Elite or whoever and get them to make and send tunes to you for your truck which you will have to load into the tuner and then into your truck.
Thanks.

I called SCT and determined would be better off just buying a new unit because it will cost the same after it is all said and done. If the seller had taken his truck back to stock tune, then I think it would have been easier to use the existing SCT.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts