Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Tay5985
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to know about what i should run quarter mile wise... im runnin an 07 cc SB with 5in turbo back afe intake 6.4 banjos. Garrett Powermax stock injectors with innovatives Extreme Race... i have both the race and street extreme files just wondering which would be better... im on 35x12.50x20 and stock gears...

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Curious as to why you thought you needed a bigger turbo with stock injectors?

·
Tay5985
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curious as to why you thought you needed a bigger turbo with stock injectors?
Got the powermax brand new through a buddy for 700 bucks its not on yet its goin on saturday im gonna do the injectors eventually just gotta wait for the funding

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
Got the powermax brand new through a buddy for 700 bucks its not on yet its goin on saturday im gonna do the injectors eventually just gotta wait for the funding
i bet the powermax does very well with stock injectors. 13.8-14 seconds

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
A stock turbo does very well with stock injectors too...and will still run 13.8-14

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
A stock turbo does very well with stock injectors too...and will still run 13.8-14
Not on an '05 with 35's. Now on an '03-'04 it's a different story. They can run mid/high 13's with stock turbo and injectors.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
i read the same thing somewhere on here so it's gotta be true....but I've also read about a guy that thought he could street 285's with a 62 LOL:psnb:
It would be of much more helpful to newer guys if you wouldn't regurgitate something you read which isn't true.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
How is an 03/04 a different story?
On average, a stock 03-04 Supercab/Crewcab with our Xtreme will run mid to high 13's. A 05+ SC/CC with Xtreme will run high 13's to very low 14's. A 1.8x 60' is required for these times, so you will need a 4WD truck or some slicks on a 2WD. Tire size, altitude, etc will all skew the 1/4 mile time. Our track is near sealevel and pretty much all of our customers run 13's with bolt on's.
Why are the 03-04's faster with the same tuning?
The main factors are FICM tuning, turbo, PCM/TCM logic, and minor internal changes that add some extra grunt.
From the man himself. :D

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
From the man himself. :D
"On average" says it all. It's not carved in stone. I've driven both, with the exact same mods and run nearly identical times over and over and over again.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I can tell that my buddy's '05 is way slower than mine when their both in stock programming, and I've never heard of an '05 with just a tune run anything better than a low 14 (I rarely see a 13.99) but I've seen a few '03-'04's run as low as a 13.55.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
I've done it numerous times...I don't see why it's so hard.
Hell...I ran a 13.9 in my 2wd on street tires with a damned Edge/Attitude back in 04. 99% of the time it's not what the vehicle can do...it's the person in the driver seat.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Let's play with the calculator for a sec and think about this...
The "average" SCT race tune puts 430 to the wheels on the high side...so I used 7200 as vehicle weight to run a 14.0
Now making that same weight run a 13.55 (to use your numbers) it takes 474.

That's 44 more HP. Has anyone EVER seen that big of a swing in dyno numbers between an 03 truck and an 05 truck?

(take calculator numbers with a grain of salt...it is what it is.)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts