Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Twitch
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 Polaris sportsman 500 h.o 4x4. I am wanting to do some mods to it..:lift n tires, intake and fuel upgrade, and a chip if possible,...any suggestions??

Thanks,
Austin

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
check out hotseatperformance.com mainly for polaris.

not sure on lift for it as i ride mainly yfz450 and a 686 raptor

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Getting an exhaust system will make a difference and if you really want a better intake a K&N but i like UNI personally i never have to worry about dust in my engine and compared between the two not much of a difference and the UNI is alot cheaper.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
well,you can gain some with clutching, can buy a clutch kit for about 150 bucks.a pipe will help if you dont mind noise,high compression piston and cam really help if you wanna go that far.i personally wouldnt do a lift kit,ive seen many lifted wheelers blow out cv joints and drive shafts left and right.and defifnitly get rid of the junk polaris paper air filter for a uni foam filter or k&n.

·
Still learning
577 Posts
How big of a lift are you talking about? and what are you going to be using the 4-wheeler for mostly?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Another vote for hot seat performance might want to check out aaen performance as well. The older carbed polaris's dont have "chips". Ummmm web cams has a cam for the 500 ho. And like previous stated a clutch kit will make a big differance in the machine and both hot seat and aaen can help set you up with that. Also another shop that is highly respected in the polaris world is Nicholas Cycle out of Essex IA (nicholascycle.com) great bunch of guys and extremly helpful. When i bought my old Scrambler from them they had some of the baddest 500 ho sportsmans ive every seen. Just ask for Doug or Wes. Also if i remember correct i think they are closed on mondays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts