Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
I don't know of any sponsoring vendors that have them. I will send you a P.M.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What about the purple international, I hear they were the next great CPA.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
What about the purple international, I hear they were the next great CPA.
In the little that I've read about them, they seem to advance timing quite a bit.

I have 3 black CPSs on the way....can't hurt to get a stock of something that will be hard to find eventually.

·
Registered
920 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
It's been awhile since I updated this. After waiting for my new black CPS sensors to arrive and having to send back my EA connector to get replaced, I did a cylinder contribution test.

With the black CPS installed the truck seems to idle smother, and passed the cylinder contribution with no problems.

But, I'm still getting heavy blue smoke on start up, which will go away withing 5-10mins maybe more depending on the outside temperature.

Thoughts? Seems this is an all too common problem, and hopefully in my case it's just an injector O-ring.

After I have that issue resolved I plan on getting new tuning to make the turbo, the truck would probably benefit from tuning to match the turbo.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Do you happen to get fuel from the same place every time? My buddy and I have both noticed if we get fuel from the local shell in this cold weather our trucks smoke blue as well. We go to Citgo on the next tank and it quits. His is a 6.0 and I think his actually smokes worse with the one stations fuel then mine does. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
It's definitely not related to where i fuel up, I fuel up in a variety of locations, and that doesn't change things for better or worse.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I got the best w b20.

That is a crazy tractor in your avatar.
Wonder how much traction that would add, w no boggie wheels.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I got the best w b20.

That is a crazy tractor in your avatar.
Wonder how much traction that would add, w no boggie wheels.
You need the boggie wheels to run the tracks, they're for alignment, it's a Ford 8n with half tracks.

81 - 90 of 90 Posts