Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2010 BOB Points Runner up
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of Swamps 200/30% hybrids and a modified H2E in my '97, I'm kicking around doing something to change turbos and knock EGT's down when towing. This truck dynoed 401/807 at SDX in '09, but I think as far as fuel goes my nozzles are holding me back. I'd like to still be able to tow but pickup 50-100 hp

Could I upgrade to say an 80% or 100% nozzle and still be able to tow reasonabley with either of these turbos? are they a direct replacement for the H2E or does something need modified? and are prices on your for each include the mounting kit or it is for the turbo only? Thanks in advance

-Michael

·
Catfish Mafia
397 Posts
jacob knows better than me, but i'd go with the GQSSB. i'm running 238/80s with the GQ and love it. tows fine, good spool up, all around a plus! pretty sure it's a direct replacement for the h2e also.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Should be a direct replacement. You can use the same pedastal, IC plumbing and even the oil lines. The GQ should come on a little quicker and also push a little more in the high rpm side as well. I will eventually upgrade to that turbo when I go with bigger injectors or nozzels.

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
100% nozzles seem to work really good for the ones I've worked on. All about the tunes. Got a set of 200/100 with stock 96 turbo, another has 238/80% and a 38 r. Another running 160/ 100% and stock turbo. So, I'd say 100%, and turbo of your choice. Just get the tuning nailed down. Heck mine with 340/200% nozzles tows great in the tow tune. All except a little more smoke than I'd like. EGT at WOT towing 14,000- 15,000 hovers at 1,350.
Not ideal, but not bad considering. Honestly, I think 100% is ideal.
Plus the hp going from 30-100% I think you'll like :D

·
Registered
184 Posts
Both turbos are direct replacements on the H2E system, nothing would need to be changed but the turbo itself. For what you've got now, the QSSB would work just fine. It's a great option for the 350-450hp range.

But we'd probably suggest going with the GQSSB in your situation, especially if you plan on going to larger nozzles. Will still spool-up great and support the larger injectors and overall higher horsepower range.

QSSB turbo only runs $1100
GQSSB turbo only runs $1299

1 - 5 of 5 Posts