Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Banks pyro from a friend last year and had it on my NA 7.3 IDI until yesterday. Since I'm gonna be towing our 5er with the PSD, I want it to have the pyro. I went looking for a bung (since it didn't come with one) but found that the probe threads aren't 1/4" NPT. They are smaller, but bigger than 1/8".

Any idea where I can get something that will work? We're going camping this weekend, so ordering really isn't an option.

Thanks!

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
You will have to take the probe somewhere to find out what threads it is. I wouldn't worry about a bung I would just drill and tap the manifold. I would think the threads would be npt threads because it is the same a pipe plug, that is what I have used to seal up the holes on previous trucks.
Good luck

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have to take the probe somewhere to find out what threads it is. I wouldn't worry about a bung I would just drill and tap the manifold. I would think the threads would be npt threads because it is the same a pipe plug, that is what I have used to seal up the holes on previous trucks.
Good luck

If the probe nut had outside threads, I could have tapped the manifold tonight. Unfortunately, it has inside threads. I need a bung to screw it onto, not into.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Wierd, I haven't seen that before hopefully somone will chime in. I haven't seen a bung that will work for that either.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
I have a banks egt gauge but it didn't come with the probe and wiring. I just bought an autometer probe kit for 30 bucks. It comes with the standard 1/8" NPT bung. If you call tech support at Banks they might give you that info.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found one at the local NAPA for truck parts.. They didn't sell it separate, but with the probe.. I bought the whole deal.. Gauge, cable and probe. Only $105

·
Old guy from the old days
263 Posts
Probably missing one part, I just installed one in mine - 1/8" pipe thread in the manifold, probe mounted in a small part that screwed into the above hole and had a nut that screwed onto the "adapter" (for lack of a better word).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts