Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into options for a pyrometer.

I have a SCT Livewire TS+ that can run their pyrometer for 159$.

Autometer sales an electronic pyro for 257$
I know they have some cheaper options

I’ve seen a few others but what do you guys think? The SCT would be nice but I see mixed reviews on it. Do you think I should get an analog gauge? Is autometer best? Or is there something even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,720 Posts
I know you didn't talk about it, but I actually had a Glow Shift pyro for the last 5 years, and it just started giving me hints of it being inaccurate. Been great so far, and cheaper than any other brand out there.

I'll probably buy a autometer or isspro in the future.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve heard quite a few bad things about the Livewire over the last little bit. So if it were me I’d just buy a mechanical gauge...

Isspro or Autometer are both good options. Glowshift seems to be hit and miss...

I had Autometer in my 7.3, and have Isspro in my 6.0 now. And I prefer the Isspro’s myself, however there isn’t a whole lot of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea thats what i wondered. I thought if i went with a mech gauge then i could sell it as the SCT would be limited to Ford.

The price of a gauge is cheaper than un monitored engine damage but you still hate to spend $$$ on a gauge that is hit or miss... Dosent matter what kind of gauge. Plus its not really cheap enough to go, 'Hey if it dosent work whats 200$...'

1 - 4 of 4 Posts