Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brand new autometer gauge and the needle will work fine at idle but when just cruzing it will flutter then got to zero then about 2000 rpms it will come back on then u drop below 1800-2000 rmps it flutters then goes to zero let off he gass needle goes to to 600 like the gauge works great then u go to get back on it and it will go to zero???Then u stab it goes 1000+ like it should..What do u guys think power problem or ground or just a bad gauge?

·
Registered
772 Posts
check all the connections. my boost gauge did that for a while, then I would honk the trainhorn and it worked fine. turned out to be a bad connection

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Poor engine ground can cause this...........but if its like the two other z-series I have had the gauge is sh!t.

Try adding a temporary jumper wire from engine to battery to see if it fixes it first.

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Mine does this. For me it is the wire going to the probe. Ill hit a bump and it will work. Isspro said I should take it all apart clean it and wrap the connections. Funny that the egt probe was evidentally not designed to be used out side. Also that part of the directions were absent from the install directions.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found a ground off when i did the egr delete FIXED IT!!!
Thanks for the help PSN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts