Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size is the thread of the pyro probe that connects to the fitting? I have a bung welded in my dp and I relocated my probe to the manifold.. Finally

Anyways I want to put a cap on that bung. I know it's not 1/8" NPT.

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
ive always tapped mine to 1/8 NPT...couldnt tell you the size if its not that

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the other side of the adaptor that the probe screws in... the other side I know is 1/8" NPT

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Caliper and thread pitch gauge might be your tools needed.
Why not just remove the entire sleeve and put a 1/8NPT plug into the bung hole. (Hehe Bung hole)

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it's not really a bung that is welded it's the damn fitting.. I'm not to sure why they did it like that but they can suck it who ever it was.

·
Big Plans
784 Posts
what kind of gauge is it...the autometers just have a set screw you use on the probe

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
I remembered I had an Autometer EGT probe in my box of left over/damaged/replaced parts. The end in question measured to 11M (.4300") x 1.25 (I don't have a TPI gauge at home), but that's not to say there isn't a common Imperial thread that converts. The nut holding the probe in requires a 5/8" wrench, and none of my metric wrenches fit properly. I will need to look at a 1/4" compression nut to see if it is the same.

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
I was just going to say that. I had to go to our local NAPA franchise (also carries industrial supplies and parts) and they had the cap there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts