Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
krazykustomz
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need help on where to tie in to hook up a boost gauge in my 92 f350 turbodiesel, any help would be great as im new here thanks:shrug::shrug::shrug:

·
Registered
433 Posts
I plumbed mine in the map sensor hose!

·
Registered
433 Posts
on most trucks its near the heater box on the passenger side on the fire wall! It'll have an electrical connection and like a 3/8s or 1/4 rubber hose on it!

·
Registered
433 Posts
hope this helps!

Attachments

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i doubt his 92 has one, it came equipped factory with an idi, someone must have either turbo'd it or swapped it for a newer motor

·
Administrator
8,546 Posts
anywhere in the pressure side of the intake between the turbo and manifold will work fine. the banks units have 2 taps on the air box dedicated for boost gauges.

·
krazykustomz
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you for all the help, the truck is a 1992 f350 standard cab with the turbo 7.3, im guessing from the factory it came turboed because underneath the tach in the dash it says turbo and its all factory ford dash,but i seen on here alot of people say they never came from the factory with a turbo 7.3 but mine is but thanks for your help everyone

·
OBS Addict
1,350 Posts
mid-late 93 was when the first IDI turbo's started. my guess is someone swapped the turbo on as well as the turbo's cluster in

·
Administrator
8,546 Posts
or it is a late 93 with a 92 title.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
or it is a late 93 with a 92 title.
guna be hard to get a late model 93 with a 92 title, just sayin, i have a 93 cclb it was built in august of 93, and its an idi by the way, someone definately did some brain surgery on that ol' boys truck

·
Administrator
8,546 Posts
guna be hard to get a late model 93 with a 92 title, just sayin, i have a 93 cclb it was built in august of 93, and its an idi by the way, someone definately did some brain surgery on that ol' boys truck
not hard at all. all you need to do is take a late 93 truck, and put a 92 VIN plate on it. wallah you have a 92 factory turbo truck.
that is just like the guys that swear they have a factory stock F-250 dually 4X4,
or a factory stock F-350 4X4 dually with a Dana 50 IFS front axle.
just because the title says it is whatever, that don't mean ford made it.

it is common practice with stolen and salvage title trucks to switch the VIN plate from a clean title truck

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
not hard at all. all you need to do is take a late 93 truck, and put a 92 vin plate on it. walah you have a 92 factory turbo truck.

it is common practice with stolen and salvage title trucks to switch the VIN plate from a clean title truck
is that even legal? wouldnt that be fraud basically? i mean i thought the vin plates had to stay with the original vehicle at all times:confused:

·
Administrator
8,546 Posts
is that even legal? wouldnt that be fraud basically? i mean i thought the vin plates had to stay with the original vehicle at all times:confused:
yes it is fraud and illegal. but that don't stop shady people from doing it.

i have seen it hundreds of times, especially with flood and wrecked/repaired vehicles to get the salvage branding off the titles..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts