Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker, first time poster!
I’ve got a set of 2005 heads that have been magna fluxed, decked and all that. With the 18-20mm step dowels will the heads work just fine on the 2006 block?
I know the injector clamp bolt hole is repositioned and carrier boss bolt hole size and location is different and the cup plugs changed sizes but is everything else the same? Injectors, head stud size all that? Seems pretty straightforward but I wanted to be sure before I swapped! Thanks!

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,355 Posts
Yea. Just use the HG's that are the same size as the head (20mm). The rocker boxes may not bolt up to the heads, and the dowels for said rocker boxes may not line up either, so you'll have to be careful lining it up with the head, just fyi.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,089 Posts
Some 06's still had the 18mm guide dowels. You need to know what you have. Jan 11, 2006 was the switch date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some 06's still had the 18mm guide dowels. You need to know what you have. Jan 11, 2006 was the switch date.
Understood. Unfortunately somebody had removed the stickers in the door jam as well as the identifying sticker what was supposed to be on the rocker cover somewhere? I looked a while back... planning to put the 05 heads on the 06 block currently running in the truck. Step dowels are cheap, I’ll just have them in case. Thank you for your insight!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea. Just use the HG's that are the same size as the head (20mm). The rocker boxes may not bolt up to the heads, and the dowels for said rocker boxes may not line up either, so you'll have to be careful lining it up with the head, just fyi.
I have the 20mm gaskets, interesting story, was strapped for cash at the time and ordered one with the plan to order the other later, they sent me both and didn’t charge me for either! Didn’t ask too many questions on that one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts