Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 f350 that is pushing water out of the dega bottle. I have egr delete, headstuds , new oilcooler , and new injectors why would it be doing this.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Cracked heads, heads weren't flat, or too much coolant.
I'm dealing with the same issue right now with the same mods

2005 F350 CCLB FX4

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for info I was hoping that was not the case. was hoping it might be the dega bottle cap. is there any way to make sure it is the heads before I tear it apart again!!!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would check the cap they do go out, 1st rule of a 6.0 is don't assume anything. Make sure you coolant level is half an inch below the min mark on the degas bottle also a bad thermostat could cause this issue also check the coolant in the degas bottle is it foamy or smell like diesel? Is there water in the oil? Are your head gaskets leaking visually inspect them it's not common for a studded truck to blow the gaskets again but anything is possible.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Use this tool

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As of today water level is about half inch below the min mark, no foam in tank smells like antifreeze, changed oil today looks good, as far as I can tell there are no external leaks, I don't know about thermostat but the edge insight shows the temps and its not getting hot. Would running the anarchy tune from innovative do this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's the best tool I have seen yet for the 6.0

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Could if your over boosting, my truck did this a few times when I was at high altitude 4000 + feet. My head gaskets are fine think the cap was bad I replaced it with a new oem cap noticed they upped the psi to 16 on it.
I don't think it's a head issue we have pulled trucks apart the had cracked heads that we're not pushing coolant. Do you hear a whistle noise when letting off the accelerator if the head gaskets are bad it will make the degas bottle whistle out the cap.... You will hear it and it's annoying

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
We know the 6.0

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't noticed any whistle, I think I will try the cap and go from there thanks alot

·
Cpattie
68 Posts
I have the same setup and had the same symptoms. everyone told me it couldn't be the head gaskets if it had studs.

Long story short... It was the head gaskets, the previous owner that installed the studs used aftermarket head gaskets, and one of the heads was slightly warped.

Napa sells a tool called a BLOCK TESTER, or combustion leak tester, it will detect combustion gas in the coolant and will definitively tell you whether the extra pressure is coming from the heads or somewhere else.

NAPA part # BK. 700-1006

NAPA AUTO PARTS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts