Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2005 ford f-350 dually 6.0. was pushing coolant bad. any time it boosted over 20 psi it would sound like a tea kettle. pulling a empty trailer up a pretty good hill for a mile. got to the top the wheel well was soaked it puked so much and this was on stock form. the day before it overheated pulling a hill with about 12000. after that it didn't over heat. just had to keep putting a gallon pretty much everytime after a hill so i took it to the selinsgrove ford. Called back said they fixed it. bad cap. 181 bucks. Could this fix the puking issue? I didn't pick the truck up yet.

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
Bad cap? $181???? You can get that exact cap for like $20.

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
most places round here charge 100 bucks just to pull a diesel into the shop.my buddy went through the same crap with his 6.0 and after wasting money twice with the dealer telling him the cap was bad he had a local guy replace the head gaskets.its not likely to lose gallons of coolant from a bad cap.

·
Registered
772 Posts
There is more to it if you are losing that much coolant I would bet. I had a cap go bad on me and it puked, not gallons though. I bought a new cap today, paid 14 bucks and took less than a minute to install...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea thats what im saying. IT would empty the bottle every hill i came to. just driving to the dealer without a trailer for about 15 miles it pretty much emptied the bottle.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
man that's not good. you must have REALLY blown the hell out of your gaskets. I'd be ready to put in some studs if it goes back to the dealership...

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Please do not double post. Everyone can reply to thread in the tech section.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.