Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed coolant underneath, mostly on the center link / drag link that ran over to the passenger side but also on the axle as well. Looking up from underneath the bracket the steering box is on is wet but I can't really tell without digging further. Anything like that common on this POS? No coolant topside tho, I know that's common but.....?

Anyone thinking about buying one of these hunks of junk, mine has 27,5k and it's been broken more than it runs.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like it's the bottom rad hose. Odd, this is rad #3 but they never changed the hoses, only the faulty style radiator. Are these as simple as it looks? Pull the lock ring out, take a bath in coolant, snap in the new? What about the flange it mates to, does that get replaced as well? How fun is that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
the new hose cost me around 85 at a parts store I also bought a motorcraft one its not to bad of a job pretty straight forward just make sure the new hose is the updated version with two O-rings on it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.