Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
frnki4fngrs1982
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! im new to this forum and diesel performance in general. im getting my '08 f-250 back from the shop on monday and im looking forward to getting started on it. my first question is about getting a new intake. will the afe stage II intake require a tuner or can i put it on without any codes coming up? i will be buying a tuner eventually, most likely an sct unit from innovative. i also want to get a full downpipe back exhaust but im a little tight on cash. does anyone sell a full exhaust system that i can put in one piece at a time(dpf back, then dpf/cat delete, then downpipe back)? or do i need to buy them separatley? any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
you dont need a tuner for the intake, some have had codes come up after installing aftermarket but not that many.
if you wanna save some money on the piping then i suggest flo-pro.
im not too fond of disconnecting the dpf from the cat being that there is a gasket that will run you about $90 if you have to replace it.

go to Power Stroke Nation Vendors - Powerstroke Nation and check out what the vendors have to offer as far as package deals. Performance Truck Products and DPF Delete Kits for Ford Powerstroke 6.4 GM Duramax LMM are just a couple off the top of my head. awesome customer service!
good luck

·
Registered
429 Posts
The one thing i would suggest to you is to find a package deal, get the tuner, intake and exhaust all at once. It will save you a bit of money!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm looking for an intake myself. im running the black maxx tuner...any suggestions on an intake?

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm looking for an intake myself. im running the black maxx tuner...any suggestions on an intake?
The S&B is really popular, i think i'm going to switch to the AFE with the Pro Guard 7 filter. Those are the top 2 that most guys use.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I highly recommend the AFE Stage II PG-7, or any of the AFE intakes for that matter, but preferably the ProGaurd 7 filter. They are much easier to clean than the S&B intakes, and some people even say easier to install

·
frnki4fngrs1982
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys for the info. this was really helpful i think im gonna give one of the package deals from dpfdeletekits a try when i get my tax return back. again thanks for the help.
p.s. is anybody on the psn located in the north texas area? i'd really like to get involved in a club or group.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
You can piece an exhaust together, but it will end up costing you quite a bit more that way. The cheapest way is to get a package and you will save quite a bit of cash. Feel free to give me a holler if youd like a quote on anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts