Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 F250SD CCSB 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to reseal and likely replace my oil pan. I also need to replace all the o rings in my HPOP and likely the lines. While its out I planned on doing the nicer fuel lines and HPOP lines. The radiator hoses need replacement due to age, probably the pump too.

Just did the injectors, glow plugs, harness, end plugs in the rails, ebpv delete with the new pedi stool and turbo exhaust housing delete, also replaced the bushings and o rings in the turbo.

I didn't use the yellow oem o rings under the turbo and under the pedi stool and might have leak there...similar issue with not loctiting the rail plugs (facepalm)

I am not interested in any power adders but I am interested in anything that makes sense to do while its out. Its an old project truck that over time Im going to make great again lol. It has 308k miles on it but good compression and seems to run great at the moment...just leaky and dirty.

Input?

·
Registered
2002 F450 SD 7.3L 4R100 RWD DRW
90 Posts
I've been concearend about my oil cooler and considering replacing the whole thing, not just the seals. Internal failure of oil coolers have caused me castostrophic issues in the past, both personally and customers at my shop. Might want to replace that. Once the cooling system gets full of oil, things will never be the same. Impossible to get it all out and premature failure of all rubber hoses/gaskets/o-rings is a joy to fight from then on. My wife's 5series BMW had it happen and I have to suck/fill the reservoir weekly for over a year now and still have oil resedue in the damn thing. Just something easy to forget about I thought I'd meantion.

Also you should do the bellowed up-pipes if you didn't while you did the turbo stuff. A little reseach will make you want them quick. Check/replace your exhaust manifold bolts too. They stretch and heads break off and cause leaks. If any need extracted, better to do it while the engine is out.

·
Registered
2001 Lariat F350. Jelibuilt tunes, BTS trans
486 Posts
Doing bellowed up pipes while it’s out is a big one.

If I was doing manifold stuff, I’d get them resurfaced while they were out and put gaskets on. My local machine shop charged $35 for resurfacing.

·
Registered
1999 F250SD CCSB 4x4
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did do the bellowed up pipes when I did the turbo work, the oil cooler has new seals in it and unfortunately it did have oil in the coolant system prior to me finding this truck. This truck is a beater for sure....I dumped a good bit of simple green in the degas bottle and let stay there for a few warm up and cool down cycles. It was the reason I though I should pull the water pump and try to get a good look in to as much of the water jackets as I could .

The exhaust manifold bolts sound like something I need to do, I couldn't imagine trying to mess with those in the truck.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you take the exhaust manifolds off make sure you plane them. What I did when I had my engine out was, main and rod bearings they were cheap, low pressure oil pump and last get a good look at the cam lobes lifters. When I looked at my cam from the under side there was one that had started to flake. Found used cam replaced that lifter.

Reactions: JustAFenceBuilder
1 - 5 of 5 Posts