Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to dismantle a couple motors and need some info on what kind of puller to use.

Do the powerstrokes take a different balancer/crank puller remover than what you normally buy at NAPA or Carquest? How about the power steering, alt, a/c pulleys? I'm guessing the water pump pulley is just bolted on.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!:bowfast:

Thanks!

·
Going Crazy
1,533 Posts
The balancer is just the regular Y kinda lookin on that you bolt on with three bolts and run the long puller bold down the center... PS i used a puller that had three jaws and it came right off..... wp is just bolted on and i dont know about ac i have never had the desire to pull that pully

·
Let'er Buck!
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The balancer is just the regular Y kinda lookin on that you bolt on with three bolts and run the long puller bold down the center... PS i used a puller that had three jaws and it came right off..... wp is just bolted on and i dont know about ac i have never had the desire to pull that pully
Thanks for the info.

Is there a special tool to re-install the balancer? The local shops are telling me there is but I'm not sure if I need it in the psd application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts