Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 07 f250 with 60,000 miles i bought it exactly one year ago and the check engine light came on right after i left the lot brought it right back about 5 times and finally they figured out it was the turbo... Than now if i drive the truck hard or hook anything behind it it pukes antifreeze i think just out of the degas bottle cap. So they put a new cap on and put dye in the system and pressure tested it and they said everything is good than i just pulled a kabota and it puked out of the cap wich has 100 miles on it... Also the truck has pulled a bread trailer for the first 50,000 miles and everything on the truck is bone stock and always has been. o and today when i was pulling that kabota i was going up a slight hill and the temp gage when all the way up instantly n i let off n idled up the road for like not even a quarter mile and the gage went back to normal.... Do u guys have any clue what is the matter with this truck??? thanks josh

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
07. 60k. No need to even speculate. Back to the dealer with it. I've blown a couple of 6.0 s, funny enough, they never overheated or set a cel. Go figure. Overheating will BBQ heads quik fast and in a hurry. I would be beating there door down early.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have had the truck for exactly one year and its been in the shop for atleast 2 months... and they told me there is no signs that is is the headgaskets... cus last month i tried to get them to and they wont... I am gona call them first thing tomor and there just gona tell me to bring it down but they will never b able to figure it out... or the just dont wana fix it!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
mine did the same thing..... and now i have studa and new gaskets

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Have they checked the coolant system at all? Sound like you need to find a new dealer to take it to

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
Have they checked the coolant system at all? Sound like you need to find a new dealer to take it to
^ WHS, If they don't want to fix it, find a dealer that will. I would also let FOMOCO know about the shoddy service you recieved at that dealer.

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that they can't find the problem. Any of us that own one of these diesel powered coolant pumps know what the problem was when we read the title. Try and get some studs put in when you get the head gaskets done, even if you plan on keeping it stock.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Yea if you can get a dealership to do a headgaskets job, get some headstuds put in there, and you might even consider an EGR delete when your warranty is up.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have a apointment made for may 3rd. i expalined to the partschanger guy everything and some how now he things it is the cooling fan... after this time i am def gona find a dif dealer to take it too because this is geting rediculas... i think they just dont wana do the headgaskets. but how would the headgaskets make antifreeze come out of the degas bottle cap? thanx josh

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
i have a apointment made for may 3rd. i expalined to the partschanger guy everything and some how now he things it is the cooling fan... after this time i am def gona find a dif dealer to take it too because this is geting rediculas... i think they just dont wana do the headgaskets. but how would the headgaskets make antifreeze come out of the degas bottle cap? thanx josh
Headgaskets not sealing allowing your cooling system to be pressurized when your truck makes boost. Pressure is too much for the cooling system so it pushes coolant out of the area designed to relieve excess pressure, degas bottle.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Could be the EGR cooler flashing too. You need to find a new dealer. With your symptoms I'd insist on new head gaskets, oil cooler rebuild, and the EGR cooler replaced. Mine wasn't anywhere near that bad and my dealer did gaskets, studs, egr delete, oil cooler rebuild, STC fitting update on the HPOP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It could also be pumping exhuast into the cooling system pressurizing it and causing it to puke.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
07. 60k. No need to even speculate. Back to the dealer with it. I've blown a couple of 6.0 s, funny enough, they never overheated or set a cel. Go figure. Overheating will BBQ heads quik fast and in a hurry. I would be beating there door down early.
Yep 5 year 100k tell um fix dis biatch

·
Registered
140 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Funny I just droped off my truck and am sitting in the waiting room. I droped it off cause it was pukeing. I've taken it in before and they said it was a bad cap and housing. So I'm back again. Anyone know of a dealer that will do the head bolts and delete kit if supply the parts in Florida? I'm still under warranty

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Theres a few vendors on here from Fl. They may be able to point you in the right direction.

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
I had my cooling fan go out last year, the 5 wire connector to clutch was cut by rotating fan, (GREAT DESIGN) while towing 10k in 105deg weather, the engine heated instantly but it did not puke.

Mine will puke if towing +10k in the mountains, I do not have any other symptoms of a bad EGR or HG's. I think mine does it as the coolant boils in the EGR under a big load, last night I blocked off the EGR cooler and I will see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had my cooling fan go out last year, the 5 wire connector to clutch was cut by rotating fan, (GREAT DESIGN) while towing 10k in 105deg weather, the engine heated instantly but it did not puke.

Mine will puke if towing +10k in the mountains, I do not have any other symptoms of a bad EGR or HG's. I think mine does it as the coolant boils in the EGR under a big load, last night I blocked off the EGR cooler and I will see if it makes a difference.
mine does the exact same thing will never puke on its race tune or extreme street blowing the soot out but if u put the big goose neck behind it and pull it up hill for any length of time it will puke some i havent pulled it in a while and hasnt puked or lost one bit of coolant im not gunna use it to pull until i get studs and egr delete

1 - 20 of 28 Posts