Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled a Cummins with a goose neck loaded down 30 miles at 70MPH. Well 15 miles in to it I smelt coolant and my temps shot up. I pulled over, changed from Extreme race, to tow agg and got back on the road. No more problems. Then I got on the dyno and played around. Not bad for one day of work. Anyhow now occasionally when I smash the pedal it spits coolant out underneath while im going down the road. Not all the time but some times. Does the same thing when I am pulling my 40ft horse trailer and have to hammer down. I think I read some where that was the EGR crap? Any help guys? Im lost on this one.

·
Registered
772 Posts
probably not the smartest to be towing on a race tune with out studs. I tow on extreme street but I also have studs, egr delete...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok yeah I forgot to change the tunes before I took off. Thankfully it only has 61k miles on it. So I think fords gonna have the truck again for a few days.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Phil if that is what it is and they will fix it under warranty go ahead and try and talk them into installing a set of ARP headstuds and a egr delete while they are in there and you should only have to pay for those 2 parts the warranty should cover the rest.

·
Registered
359 Posts
i always pull on tow tunes but one day i was in a bad mood a just didnt care and pulled my 38 foot enclosed goose neck on hot street it puked never had before ever since then it pukes only when pulling though i can put it on race and give it hell no coolant i thought egr

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Randall theres a guy in Weatherford on ntxpsa and he said he could cover all that. So thats what im going to do. Im going to get Trusted Performance's 62mm turbo and elite diesels 185cc sticks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I think its going to be the best for me. I tow alot and need a good balance of air to fuel, not to mention the price is right.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Phil your right man Matt or Bronco250444 over there and yeah man he is a great guy and did my First Coast Diesel Performance EGR delete for me and i was very happy with matts work that he has done for me

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes sir thats him. I talked to him a few times while I was in Iraq this past year. Got back and could bare the thought of being with out my truck for a week or 2. Question Randall, I know I have to buy the studs and delete, but do I get any money back for them not using the ford studs? And who is the best to get my delete from? I need some serious bang for buck. I know some places sell it all, including the intake manifold. Idk what I really need to get rid of that crappy EGR.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes sir thats him. I talked to him a few times while I was in Iraq this past year. Got back and could bare the thought of being with out my truck for a week or 2. Question Randall, I know I have to buy the studs and delete, but do I get any money back for them not using the ford studs? And who is the best to get my delete from? I need some serious bang for buck. I know some places sell it all, including the intake manifold. Idk what I really need to get rid of that crappy EGR.
Phil i went with FCDP First Coast Diesel full egr delete adam is a great guy he also sells the ARP studs and sure would be willing to work with you on some kind of package deal but i dont know thats his choice. Anyway i recommend him, but i know alot of people are going with elites delete kit and matt told me once before that he installs a lot of the elite kits. Now the studds i bought my through my local ford dealer but have a connection and i paid what he paid and it was under $500 ill tell you that i have been told if you pay more than $500 for them you got screwed so watch that i was told once the browns diesel performance would ship them to your door for about $450 bucks you might want to check them out but i would contact ABrannan19 on here he is the owner of First Coast Diesel Performance great guy to deal with and long with Big Stroker who is paul with complete performance he is down by the houston area and i have bought plenty through paul as well and can get you what you need so contact him as well

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Phil i went with FCDP First Coast Diesel full egr delete adam is a great guy he also sells the ARP studs and sure would be willing to work with you on some kind of package deal but i dont know thats his choice. Anyway i recommend him, but i know alot of people are going with elites delete kit and matt told me once before that he installs a lot of the elite kits. Now the studds i bought my through my local ford dealer but have a connection and i paid what he paid and it was under $500 ill tell you that i have been told if you pay more than $500 for them you got screwed so watch that i was told once the browns diesel performance would ship them to your door for about $450 bucks you might want to check them out but i would contact ABrannan19 on here he is the owner of First Coast Diesel Performance great guy to deal with and long with Big Stroker who is paul with complete performance he is down by the houston area and i have bought plenty through paul as well and can get you what you need so contact him as well
:whs: Im running Adams kit on my truck. Makes a real nice kit.His Customer Service is Great.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok guys the mystery continues. No wet spots on my motor at all. Everything on the driver side is wet underneath the reservoir. Im thinking my cap is bad or a hose. I have only had those tunes on it for about 10k miles and I got 60k now. Guess I will start with the cheapest parts and go from there. Unless one of yall have a better idea on whats wrong with my rig.

·
Registered
772 Posts
To be honest, if you tow alot, I would stay under 175s...mabye closer to 155s should still be around 500 hp. I dont tow as much anymore, no more boat but still do from time to time... for towing, the closer to stock, the better. be sure to get a fuel pressure gauge if you have bigger injectors. FCDP delete is a good choice too. had mine for 30K now without issues

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
+1 more for Matt. He's done my studs and delete. I wouldn't trust anyone else around here with my truck. also, your truck is an 05 correct? if so, you might want to double check on the date your warranty goes out (unless you have extended). mine is an 05 with only 80k but i hit the 5 yr mark last week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts