Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those that have them, where are ya'll get the smooth PTM mirror caps(just the top section) for the 08+ mirrors??

ive checked flea-bay and other sites with no luck, all i can find is the chrome type

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
The King Ranch trucks come with the smooth painted caps. Have you tried the Ford dealership (Sunrise Ford on here is a good option)? That might be about the only place you'll find the caps.

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. Ill give them a shout, they've been great to me before.

Wasn't sure if they were available aftermarket

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...

I didn't even know they were caps, I just thought the top was painted. Since they are caps, would they fit over the regular mirrors or would I need a KR mirror?

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they replace the top part of the standard mirror. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
673 Posts
The standard mirrors have a one piece back cover and can not be converted to the painted or chrome cap. You would need a mirror that has the painted cap or chrome cap already on it like the KR, or some sport packages in 08-10 had the color matched cap. Another option is to have the top part smoothed and painted..

As far as the dealer goes, the painted caps are around $46 a side if I remember correctly

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The standard mirrors have a one piece back cover and can not be converted to the painted or chrome cap. You would need a mirror that has the painted cap or chrome cap already on it like the KR, or some sport packages in 08-10 had the color matched cap. Another option is to have the top part smoothed and painted..

As far as the dealer goes, the painted caps are around $46 a side if I remember correctly
Well that sucks lol but thanks for the info. Guess ill have to decide if i want it bed enough

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i checked today, a factory mirror is indeed one peice( i checked a truck at work)

my aftermarket mirrors however, have in fact, a seperate top cover....

·
IH Diesel Power
732 Posts
Ive also been looking for the top covers, the red truck at the top of the website looks just like mine and i love the way the covers look on it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts