Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at one time there used to be a mapping data base that would put a mark at a location on a us map...I am thinking it was google maps or similar. I would think it would be nice to get the sponsors locations pinned, to make it easier for folks to find local shops.

is that still around, and free?

it would be nice to seewhat places are somewhat local.
for jobs i don't have time to do.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Yes you remember correctly and I too think it would be a great idea for all of us members to know where all the sponsors are located etc. There could be one map where all sponsors are linked on it with the typical, pop-ups, name, address, contact info, when you move your cursor over the pin point of a location. Then you could click on it to open a window with that into and links to there website and or choice to that dealer forum. That along with a link to driving directions generated thru and by goggle as well.

http://code.google.com/apis/maps/

There are a couple other offerings for different variations on this many others are also free.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone have time to play. All I have is a g1 phone right now and would be pretty hard to do
The adress research and posting off a cell phone. :pointlaugh:

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have time to play. All I have is a g1 phone right now and would be pretty hard to do
The adress research and posting off a cell phone. :pointlaugh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts