Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have recently acquired my dads 2000 f250...truck was bought by my dad in California from the dealership....

I was doing some research on exhaust systems and realized it has no catalytic converter. Called an exhaust shop and they ran the VIN for me and they said it is a federal emissions truck because it was built in Kentucky.... Now for my questions... Does this truck fall under emissions testing in ca and can I legally install a turbo back exhaust system????

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Call sinister diesel they are in California 877-692-4110

·
Registered
671 Posts
If I remember correctly if you don't have a federal emissions sticker under the hood you'll have to fight it each time you smog. But that being said if you have the sticker then you'll be fine due to the fact they didn't come with cats.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a 2000 F-250 built in Kentucky also, they do not have a cats that year. When I purchased my truck I lived in S. Florida and we had emission requirements and the exhaust shop that did my work would not have installed my exhaust if it was not legal. Someone has said that the sticker on the valve cover on the passenger side while state something too the fact that it's a none catalytic vehicle.

Not too say your exhaust shop is wrong, but I know for a fact my truck did not have a catalytic converter. And another thing if it was purchased from a dealership in California then they have broken the law buy selling it without the proper emission equipment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looked at the valve cover and mine looks like the pink label in the post above but it's black and in English. Says ECM, DI, TC, CAC..... No OC on it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts