Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
PSN Partial Newb
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does have a starting issue and after the engine is shut down the plugs buzz for a while. Some times rough running when cold almost like its got a miss. Still love the truck but wasn't expecting issues the first day I own it. Any advice or shop references around the Dallas/ft worth area would be great. Thanks
Andrew

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
SELL IT!!!!!!!!! ITS THE BEST ADVICE YOU'LL EVER HEAR.

·
Registered
205 Posts
the buzzing is the injectors after you turn it off its the strategy your running on your FICM, the miss/stutter could be a handful of things

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
If it happened the first day after you bought it id take it back, no tellin what else is wrong...im not steering you away from a 6.0L, I love mine, but i would keep that one

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I know thats not what you want to hear, but its true. If I had just bought my 6.0, and somebody told me to take it back, I would be pissed. Dont think your going to outrun the issues. Your going to get so frustrated with having a truck you have to constantly work on, your going to resent ford for it. We dont want that.

Take it back, if its only the second day youve had the truck, and tell them there are serious mechanical issues, and want the loan cancelled.

You will thank us, believe me. Unless you have 15k in your back pocket to throw at your truck right now, get rid of it. It took me over a year to find the truck I have now. But it was well worth it.

BUT, if you want a good shop still, I think truck source diesel is out of Dallas, arent they?

·
PSN Partial Newb
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when I bought the truck I got a year warranty that covers full drive train from a company called C.A.R.S. Protection and the dealer said it covers injectors and trans so I'm hoping the warranty will take care of all of it. Im gonna take it to the Ford house once I get my paperwork to have it diagnosed.

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
You are going to have to do something real quick, before they wipe their hands of you. I don't care what the warranty says, you just possibly bought a real PITA.

I'm by no means a 6.0 hater, I own one.

05' have had it since new, have 165k miles on her and it has been a long expensive road. I think i'm good to go for awhile, but it did take a bunch of benjamins to get there

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
The cold start issue is a known stiction issue. Rev-X will get rid of that and keep it at bay. If you do a search for cold start and/or rev-x you will see the results for yourself.

The injection buzzing is an older flash of inductive heating. You need to have that updated as it turned out to be hard on the injectors. The newer version uses a different heat induction cycle when you first turn the key on.

As far as shops, give John Robinson a call at Texas diesel power over in weatherford. He is by far the most honest guy you will ever deal with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
HURRY...TAKE IT BACK....will be the cheapest/best decision you can make !!!! Trust me !!! I own a 05 SRW f350 fx4 that has been a POS from day one - it will run like a raped ape...when it does run !!

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
"proud"

yea, get back to me in a few weeks

·
One of a kind
2,198 Posts
Mine did that every morning. Once i tuned it it was kinda embarrassing it sounded like i had a cam in it on start up and would cover my yard or my neighbors yard in smoke till it warmd up. I think it was the ficm. My friends was doing the samething he took his in and got injectors and a few otherthings. I just traded mine in. My 04 and my 06 were 2 of the best/worse truck I ever ownd. My current is best over all though. I just miss the sound of my 6.0

·
PSN Partial Newb
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took the truck to diesel pros in Hurst, Tx fernando there took good care of me got it back with no problems. Turned out it needed injector o rings, stan pipe o rings, and a new connection on the hpop. Cranks every time no problems now. The first test drive it died on them turned out one of the new o rings failed and it flooded the cylinder so they put two techs on it and knocked it out in a few hrs. He was afraid it would need a new ipr and said he wouldn't charge me install on it if it did. All in all I feel like they took care of me down to him even telling me the warranty company told him they wanted to use a used oil pump and he laughed at them and tried to convince them to put a new one on.

·
Registered
444 Posts
if they flooded a cylinder while running i would be concerned with hydro lock and damage to that connecting rod.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
if they flooded a cylinder while running i would be concerned with hydro lock and damage to that connecting rod.
My initial thought.

Sounds like they got you squared away. Glad you got it fixed and kept it. These trucks can be great if you take care of em!

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
doubt it... these things comes in hydrolocked all the time from either a injector tip crack or just coolant... just crank it over opposite way 4 times usually spits all the fluid out and its fine....

·
PSN Partial Newb
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drove the truck about 300+ miles today without so much as a hiccup. Fernando went to bat forme with the warranty company and got me fixed up I would recommend them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts