Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my vent thread. I recently purchased a set of 4 SPEK gauges for my truck all BRAND NEW, and a ProParts 4 gauge pillar pod. First problem I had, the damn gauges would not fit in the pod, I had to file the holes out in the pod to even get them to fit, then had to file the plastic retaining nut on the gauges to get them tight. After that mess I wired them all up and put them in the truck, put all the senders in, then powered the gauges up. 2 of the gauges have buttons that dont work, and one has erratic needle movement. All 4 seem to have issues with the back lights dimming and brightening up on there own, and the needles will jump back and forth with KOEO. Has anybody else had issues like this?? Im pretty pissed off that I spent almost $1000 on junk gauges, that I thought were supposed to be top of the line!!

·
Administrator
32,965 Posts
not sure what the drama is between you 2 ??

but triple check your ground wires to the gauges and senders if applicable

·
Registered
772 Posts
Got $1k to spend on gauges but not enough to buy all the used parts you waste peoples' time asking about in classifieds?

who is recommending "proparts" gauges to anybody anyways. never heard of them or seen anyone recommend them on this site or others but you thought they were top of the line?

·
Good ol boy
1,223 Posts
Holy cow man 1000 dollars on gauges??!!? Damn man you coulda got auto meters or Iss pros for WAY cheaper than that, and prolly even enough left over to get an edge to monitor your other gauges with, geez that sucks

·
Registered
857 Posts
where did you get your info from that they were top of the line? isspro, glow shift, autometer. all good gauges. or a monitor like f350 said, if you wanna spend more money. which obviously wasnt a problem when you dropped a grand on apparent junk. sorry to hear you learned an expensive lesson. i think we've all been there. just do more research before buying next time. good luck in the future.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you got your ####ing money back, get over it

he has the cash to spend because he takes it from people he "sells" things too and buys "cool" parts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got $1k to spend on gauges but not enough to buy all the used parts you waste peoples' time asking about in classifieds?

who is recommending "proparts" gauges to anybody anyways. never heard of them or seen anyone recommend them on this site or others but you thought they were top of the line?
correction dick head, i told you to text me if you still had them, 3 months later i finally hear back from you. now your ####ty with me?

and SPEK gauges are supposed to be some of the nicest ones out there, expensive yes, but nice

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
correction dick head, i told you to text me if you still had them, 3 months later i finally hear back from you. now your ####ty with me?

and SPEK gauges are supposed to be some of the nicest ones out there, expensive yes, but nice
So if they are sooo great and soo expensive....your install must suck.

·
Registered
173 Posts
:whs:

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
As if everyone couldnt tell, this child is real classy. Sure I got my money back from Paypal, after a month goes by. With no tracking number, no returned texts, and no other information of what was going on. When I specifically said I needed it asap and needed it for a build that was happening within the next month. But yeah youre right Paypal made it right. I dont give a damn what the result outcome to a situation is, its still sour of the process was a crapshoot, and thats not how I do business. Good luck with your gauges regardless. :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
looks like this turd burglar has been burgled......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts