Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
À couple of my friends and I are thinking about getting propane kits to boost our milage. Anyone have first hand experience with any of the newer kits and have some real numbers?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Had a powder shot 2000 on my OBS for a few Years. It picked up about 1 1/2 to 3 miles per gal. After buying the kit and the propain, it's about a wash. It your looking for a kit I'll sell you that one. I will say it's not much of a saving in fuel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is only a 3mpg increase to be had, I'm not sure it would be worth it either. Did you have yours set more for milage or power?

·
Registered
574 Posts
A little of both. It was set for about 75hp. Before I know about bigger injectors, that's what I was using it for. I was hoping for the big MPH gain but, after buying the kit and running it for a year or so just didn't see it. I was getting the propain for free so yes it did help but, if you have to buy it, it just doesn't save a lot.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am about 99% sure that you will never recoup the money spent on the system unless you happen to have a way of getting REALLY low cost propane

·
Jack Ken
215 Posts
overall you might see 10% savings with the cost of adding in the LP. Better systems save more. ie. variable units that adjust with load. I sell kits for semis and such but for pick ups our sytem is a bit pricey as the pay back would take awhile. On some semis and farm equipment I have seen anywhere from 10% to close to 30% savings. Infact getting ready to install one today on a diesel delivery truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts